36. Unknown Threat

The cold air hit my face as I walked around the city. Nox pranced around me, the leash clipped to his neck preventing him from straying too far. It was New Years Eve and the city was booming with life. Many shops had sales going on for the special occasion.

I roamed the streets aimlessly, basking in the lively atmosphere. With the new year approaching, I felt a lot of emotions. A lot of things had happened in the past few months and I felt rather content. As I walked around the city, I overheard a lot of people talking about BTS. This was pretty normal, considering how famous they were, but they all seemed to be talking about the same thing.

"Did you hear that BTS is doing a surprise performance downtown today? I'm so excited because it's completely free! We just have to show up early enough to get close to the stage." I silently listen to the two young boys, waiting for the walking light to turn on.

Surprise performance? My thoughts wander as I continue my walk home, the new information never leaving my mind. I hadn't got the chance to see Jungkook perform yet and I would love to watch him. Not to mention I'm sure Hana would love to go, bring as she's a major army.

When my house comes into view, I notice Hanas car parked in front of my house. I shake my head, a small smile creeping onto my face. She had the habit of inviting herself over but I didn't mind.

"Happy New Year's eve person who's dating Jeon Jungkook," Hana's happy voice rings out as I step into my apartment. I roll my eyes at her words.

"Was that last part really necessary?" I groan and the brunette just smiles, pulling me into a hug.

"Yes, it is very much necessary because I still can't believe my best friend is dating a member of the biggest boy band out there. Do you know how crazy that sounds?" She pulls back and shakes me as if trying to make me understand her better. I swat her away and drag the girl onto my couch. Jiji immediately curls up in my lap, long fur splaying out on my lap.

"Anyways, I heard BTS is performing downtown tonight. Wanna go?" I ask her, watching as her eyes light up.

"What kind of question is that, hell yeah I do! I've never been to a concert because I'm broke as fuck but this is free, you bet your ass I'll be there," Hana grins, legs bouncing in excitement. Nox meows at her before settling on her feet, black fur shining under the dim light.

I smile at Hana, listening to her ramble about how her trip back home was and how much she loved BTS. She kept talking about how she really wished she could meet them and tell them in person how much she appreciated their genuineness. I stay silent, listening in slight amusement. It seems she already forgot I literally saw them all a few days ago and could totally get them to meet her.

"I love BTS so much you have no idea," Hana finishes her rant, leaning back on the sofa. I couldn't hold the chuckle that bubbled up in my throat. She gives me a stern look.

"What are you laughing at?" I shake my head before grabbing my phone and throwing it at her.

"Ow! What was that for? Speak, Woman!" Hana huffs, grabbing my phone at staring at it. She looked at my lock screen and cringed, seeing as it was a selfie of me and Jungkook.

"Just a few minutes ago you were reminding me how crazy it was I was dating Jungkook. To refresh your memory, I also met all of his members," I state, watching Hana as she stared at me with pointed eyes.

"I remember very clearly, thank you very much," I groan at her slowness.

"I could easily introduce you to them, dummy. You're my best friend and I want you to meet my boyfriend. He just so happens to be best buds with the idols you crush over so it's a win-win," I hold back my laugh as Hana registers my words. Her jaw drops as she stared at me, a new kind of excitement in her eyes.