4. Acquaintances

For some reason, today I was nervous about a certain someone walking through the doors of the moonshine cafe. After our little talk yesterday night, I couldn't help but feel a little flustered. I tend to be more comfortable over text and that leads to people being quick to judge. We had a very short conversation and it seemed like it went well.

I'm overthinking again, I'm sure I'll be fine. Deep breaths Somi, you got this

My self pep talk helped a little and I continued to set up the syrups and toppings. We had just opened, which meant Jungkook wouldn't be here until another hour or so.

"What's got your panties in a twist today?" Hana asks, eyeing me down. I gulp, remembering I didn't tell her the matcha boy texted me.

"What do you mean? I'm perfectly fine." I say, continuing my work. I feel her stop next to me, grabbing my shoulders and forcing me to face her. Her dark green eyes burned into my skull as she examined every inch of my face. I tense up, taken aback at her sudden movement.

"What do you want Na, I told you I'm fine-"

"He texted you didn't he," she cuts me off, staring at me with those intimidating eyes if hers. I sigh knowing I'll get nowhere by denying her. She somehow always knew when something changed, and would not back down until she knew the details. I give in, just wanted to get this conversation over with.

"Yea he did but it wasn't that interesting, just awkward hellos and dry conversations." She stares at me, holding eye contact as if she expects there is more to the story.

"And?"

"That's it, it was a short conversation," I say just wanting to continue my work in peace. She stares at me as if she isn't convinced but let it be.

"Ok, if you say so. Oh and don't forget to clock out today, you forgot last time." She happily skips away, wiping down the counter by the coffee maker.

"I swear that girl is going to be the death of me with her switching personalities," I grumble as I finish setting up. Time flies by and the long wait is over as I see the vibrant red-headed man walk through the glass doors.

I take a deep breath before greeting him.

"Welcome to moonshine cafe. The usual?" I eye him down as he was avoiding eye contact. Did I say something wrong?
"Yea," I put in his order as usual. He pays and takes a seat. I look at him oddly, my negative thoughts taking over. That's the first time he sat down in the cafe. Interesting.

I finish up his drink and decide to add a box of macaroons with it. He seemed like he needed it with the look of his eye bags. I hesitated to call his order because something seemed off. Did I do something?

Reluctantly, I call for his order. "Order for JK!" I call out, watching as he slowly gets up and grabs the drink. When he notices the macaroons I know he was about to say something but I cut him off.

"It's on the house," I say giving him a smile.

"Oh, are you sure?" I nod my head "Thank you, Somi," My smile widens at the use of my name. "Of course Jungkook, have a nice day. And make sure to get some rest, you look like you need it." He chuckles and thanks me once again before he makes his exit.

"Dry conversation my ass! You guys are on name basis already? Damn that was fast." Hana sneaks up behind me, talking loud and fast. I jump, once again surprised by her fast movements so early in the morning.

"Well, I didn't know we were on name basis until two seconds ago so I'm as lost as you are. I literally thought he would ignore me because he was acting weird. And I'm telling you our convo was super dry I'll literally show you," She looks me up and down and laughs.

"I'm just teasing Mimi, I could care less about your love life, not that you ever had one," she mumbled the last part. I put my hand on my heart as if it broke into pieces.

"I am offended, I have a love life! I dated a dude in 5th grade, that counts!" Hana broke out laughing, and I soon join her as well. Her laugh was contagious and loud but I loved it. It really lightens up the mood.

"Um excuse me why are you laughing over there and not taking my order!?" A loud obnoxious voice echos through the cafe. I turn to see a middle-aged woman angrily yelling at us. I sigh realizing she's gonna be a pain in the ass to serve. I force a smile as I turn to deal with the customer.

It's gonna be a long day, that's for sure. But the small interaction with this mysterious redhead made it all the more bearable.