42. Daybreak

Bright rays of sunlight shone onto my face as I stared at my ceiling. I had woken up a few minutes ago but I was too lazy to get up. Jungkook had a death grip around my waist and frankly, I didn't want to leave my bed. The peaceful tranquility of this moment was something I could live in forever.

A rude buzzing broke the previous calmness, and I noticed Jungkook's phone lighting up with a thousand messages. Urgent phone calls and all, Jungkook was still sleeping soundly. I didn't have the heart to wake him up, the peacefulness of his features reflecting how well he was resting.

The name on the screen was one I recognized as one of his managers. I let the phone ring, debating with myself if I should pick it up or not. I assumed he hadn't told anyone of his little escape, so they were probably trying to figure out where Jungkook ran off too. I glance over to my phone to find a series of messages on it as well.

I was off today so I knew it wasn't Chaelin. Curiosity got the best of me and I reached for my phone.

10:24 AM

02-479-1985

Hey, It's Namjoon
I got your number for Jungkook yesterday because I knew he would leave sooner or later
Just wanted to confirm he's with you so our manager doesn't think he got kidnapped lmao

I chuckled at the words, noting how Namjoon texted like a dad. I sent him a quick text telling him Jungkook was with me before carefully moving Jungkook's arms away from my waist. He tried to grab me again but I shoved one of my plushies into his arms and escaped.

My stomach growled as I finished washing my face and I quickly brushed my teeth before shuffling over to the kitchen. I knew how deep of a sleeper Jungkook was so I didn't really try to stay quiet.

Scanning my fridge, I debate with myself what I want to eat. Did I want something sweet? Something savory? I'm kinda feeling savory...

After staring at my fridge for what felt like an eternity, I decided on kimchi fried rice. My hands moved on autopilot, skillfully making the dish. I was so focused on cooking I didn't notice the sleepy man stumbling into the kitchen. I turned to drain the rice and had a mini heartattack at the new presence in my kitchen.

"Jesus Jungkook, you could at least say something before standing right behind me," I grumble before pushing past him and draining the rice from the boiling water.

Jungkook stared at me with sleepy eyes, following my movements. I leaned against the counter and crossed my arms, taking in his sleepy state.

His hair was sticking up in all directions, droopy eyes looking at me in a daze. He looked lost, like he didn't remember how he got into the kitchen.

"Did you sleep well?" I question and he nods, moving forward to loosely wrapping his arms around my hips. He pressed his forehead against mind, eyes closed. We stayed like that for awhile, simply taking in each other's presence. I felt safe in his arms, appreciating how he always seemed to make me feel secure.

I broke away first, hunger taking over my stomach.

"Are you hungry? I'm making kimchi fried rice," I watch as Jungkook's eyes light at the mention of food, eagerly nodding his head.

"Very, I haven't eaten since yesterday morning," He mumbles, causing me to look at him with concern.

"Yesterday morning? That is definitely not healthy. Here, take some of this," I quickly finished making the kimchi fried rice and serve him some. We both sit at the kitchen island and eat, making small talk here and there. Jiji and Nox pranced around us, the white cat jumping onto the counter to beg for food.