41. Nightshade

Soft white flakes drifted down from the sky, carefully landing on the window of my car. The engine hummed quietly as I waited outside the looming building. The small clock on my dashboard displayed the number 3:29 am. The things I do for this boy, I mumble under my breath, scanning the streets for any sign of Jungkook.

It wasn't new for me to get texts from Jungkook at irregular hours of the night, but I normally ignored them and continued to sleep. This time, however, the frantic series of vibrations caught my attention and I ended up checking the messages. After a hasty call and a few more grumpy texts, I found myself waiting outside his agency, aiding in his desperate escape plan.

A shadowy figure could be seen climbing out the window, jumping onto the large trash bin before hopping onto the ground. Jungkook kept his head down and made a beeline to my parked car. Snow trailed behind him as he slipped into the seat, the flakes melting from the heat.

Jungkook looked horrible, the prominent dark circles under his eyes catching my attention. His hair was messy and his face was pulled into a scowl.

I said nothing, simply shifting the gear to drive, carefully grabbing one of his hands and giving it a squeeze. He lets out a heavy sigh as soon as we were away from Bighit, head leaning against the headrest.

"Thank you for getting me out of there, I don't know how much longer I could resist the urge to punch someone in the face," Jungkook mumbles, rubbing small circles on the back of my hand.

I nod my head, keeping my eyes on the road. The snow was getting heavier and I wanted nothing more than to go home and cuddle in my blankets.

"I think anyone would help you if you sent them a text that says get me out of here before I kill someone," I chuckle, swiftly turning onto a new street. Jungkook smiles, glancing out the window. We drive in comfortable silence, appreciating each other's presence.

The car rolled to a stop at a red light and I felt my phone vibrate

3:40 AM

026 388 4391
I've been nice.
You should have listened when you had the chance
Jungkook is mine.
Enjoy your drive Min Somi, because it will be your last.

My blood ran cold at the words displayed on my phone, feeling the fear trickle throughout my body. My heart was beating erratically, nervousness building with each passing second. I could feel the panic attack coming as I read the messages I had received. Jungkook seemed to notice how my breathing had become unsteady and looked at me with a worried expression.

"Somi are you alright?" He questions, turning his body so he was fully facing me. I weakly shake my head, handing Jungkook my phone. He looked at me confused, carefully taking my phone and reading the messages. I watch him scroll farther up, reading the past messages as well. I noticed how his jaw tightened, taking a look at our surroundings.

There weren't many people on the road considering the time. My brain was slow from waking up so late at night, but I noticed a car pull up behind us. Jungkook seemed to notice as well, looking at me with serious eyes.

"I'm going to ignore the fact that you waited so long to tell me and focus on the situation right now. For one, you need to breathe. Everything is going to be fine, I'm here and I won't let anything happen to you," He grabs my hand and squeezed it. I give him an unsure nod of the head, carefully listening to what he was saying.

"I want you to drive to a police station. And before you say anything we aren't going to report anything yet, unless this person seriously tries to injure you. That's the only way the cops will take it seriously anyway," He mumbles under his breath as soon as the light turned green.