Spiders And Strawberries

(I know some people have a fear of spiders so uh- Warning for that I guess. This was interesting.)

Marx's POV

The littlest jester was tired.
And very bored.
He couldn't use half the things in his room without Sorbet around, (not that he'd been able to before they showed up,) and he couldn't sleep.

So he was plain and simply bored.
After what had been more than an hour of doing nothing but rolling about in bed, he finally decided to wander downstairs.

Sorbet was missing. Still.
Jevil and Dimentio were chatting, sitting side by side on the couch, and seemingly getting along better than ever before.

And there was a cat sitting on the floor.

He stared, standing at the bottom of the stairs, before simply shouting, "WHY IS THERE A CAT HERE NOW?!"

"Because Threatening McMaskFace wanted a pet!" Susie the lizard thing called from the other room.

"That is not-" Dimentio started, before just sitting back and sighing, deciding against whatever he was going to say.

"I'm not a pet!" The cat protested.
The cat.
The cat fucking spoke.
That wasn't super surprising, there were probably plenty of talking animals in this world, and the cat was a dark unnatural blue, but-
Still.
A fucking cat.

"Why the fuck did you bring a talking cat home?" Marx asked, looking at Dimentio.
Jevil pointed at the magician for good measure, confirming, yes, Dimentio brought the cat, not Jevil.
Dimentio shot an annoyed glance at Jevil, before saying to Marx, "None of your business."

Helpful.
"Well that's not a good answer." Marx told him.
"I think it was a plenty good answer!" The cat announced, standing up and trotting over to Marx in it's little cat way.

Marx stepped back, beginning to back away. The cat did not get the hint and kept coming towards him.

Said cat jumped on top of Marx's head, curling up on top of his hat.
"Who the fuck said you could sit on me?" Marx demanded, looking up.
He had no arms. He couldn't pull the cat off. He couldn't kick the cat off.
He briefly considered running into a wall to get it off.

"No one." The cat said. "But you seem cool."

Oh. The cat thinks he's cool. Okay then.
"How does that make me a chair tho?" Marx asked.

"It doesn't." The cat said matter-of-factly. "Again, you just seem cool."
The cat tucked it's paws under itself.
Marx now had a loaf on his head.

"..." The littlest jester just stared up at the cat, unsure of what to do about it.
"Uh.. Jevil?" He looked towards the devil.

"Shinji seems to think you're a seat, seat!" Jevil chuckled.

"...What kind of fucking name is 'Shinji'?" Marx asked, somewhat of irritated.

Sorbet wasn't here and he had a cat with a quite ridiculous name sitting on his head.
Just... Why...

"Why are you so grumpy, grumpy?" Jevil tilted his head.
Marx opened his mouth to yell a reply, but was interrupted by a loud bang, followed by a loud crack. A sort of noise you'd expect if you hit a skull with a hammer in front of a megaphone.
He whirled around to face the door.

The noise did not repeat. It had definitely come from outside.
He turned to look at Jevil to confirm he wasn't hearing things.
He wasn't. Jevil was now staring wide-eyed at the door.
Dimentio was also staring, as was Susie, who was peeking through from the other room.

Marx ran up to the door, the cat on his head murmuring "Uh oh.." as they approached.

"Jevil, open it." He commanded, turning to look at the devil.
Jevil simply shrugged, opening it and going out. Marx ran after.