The Keeper of Time

(**the place doesn't look exactly like the picture above! the picture just kinda shows how some of the gears and patterns in this place look. long one, anyway enjoy^^)

Dimentio's POV

The magician had teleported him and Poison Mushroom to the far edge of the forest, right in front of what had looked like merely an orange haze from a distance.
Poison Mushroom had been right, something appeared to be preventing his magic from simply teleporting them inside.
Which meant using his magic to threaten this 'Timekeeper' into doing his bidding may be out of the question.

Instead of an orange fog, before them stood.. A bottomless pit.
It stretched on for miles, a black void was visible where the ground gave way. At every possible level, floating in the void up to the top of the sky were a variety of clocks, scrolls, and strangely patterned shapes and rocks all at massive sizes. Gears turned between them, or floating out on their own. The entire place was filled with orange and black clouds.
It all appeared very intentionally designed, despite the randomness.

Gravity didn't seem to exist here, or else every single one of the objects would have fallen from the sky.
Dimentio stood at the edge, just where the ground unevenly gave way, staring out into it with narrowed eyes.

With all forms of magic cancelled out in this place, he couldn't just float through it, or teleport into the middle of this place.
He'd have to jump to every platform, and wander aimlessly to find the Keeper of Time.

"So you've met this.. Keeper, previously?" He asked, looking towards the mushroom, who was standing a little too close to the edge and gazing out excitedly.

"Yeeessss!" PM responded with an enthusiastic nod. "Been here before... They're nice."

"Why did you even need my assistance getting back here, then?" Dimentio asked them skeptically.

"Long walk." They replied simply. "I could probably find the way to them from here tho.. Probablyyy!"

The magician turned back to the abyss of gears. He was slightly reluctant to go into this void of floating objects, with not so much as a physical form of defense, on the chance of a 'possibly'.

He sighed to himself.
If this dizzy creature could successfully enter this maze of floating objects and come out, not only unscathed, but apparently with a Pure Heart, he thought his chances were probably pretty decent.

"Fine." He said briskly, waving his hand. "Lead the way, toadstool."

"Toad..stool?" The mushroom questioned in a puzzled tone, looking momentarily disoriented at the insult.

"Just lead the way." He told them. After a moment, PM nodded, backed up a bit, and leaped onto the closest gear.
The mushroom wobbled and almost lost their balance as they landed, waving their arms and barely avoiding falling backwards off the edge.
They brushed themselves off like they'd planned that, then waved to Dimentio to follow. "Come onnn..." They called. "It's safe..!"

"Safe.." He scoffed under his breath.
But he wasn't going to appear afraid infront of this.. Oversized infant.
He was not scared.
He was Dimentio, the master of dimensions, a soon-to-be conquerer of worlds!
Gods don't feel fear. So neither did he.

He inhaled quickly, backed up from the edge, and jumped the abyss.
He landed much more gracefully than the mushroom, right beside them.

He gave PM a smug grin. "Go on." He told them.

PM, looking not bothered in the slightest, nodded.
The gear they'd landed on, right by the edge, passed right over an oddly solid scroll. It tilted upwards like some sort of twisted path, before spiraling upwards in an unclimbable shape. Gears were positioned perfectly, so you could jump between them to continue into the void of objects. Almost as if someone had intended it be used, most other gears nearby were too far to jump to.