Wasps And RainWings

(* yeah I'm back hi
chapter includes bloodddddd and injury descriptions woohoo)

Sorbet's POV

Sorbet had no idea what was going on.
But they heard yelling.

Licorice and Shinji had explained quickly what they'd been through to Ralsei, and then the group had split up to search for Spamton.
They had a feeling the salesman was in trouble.

Licorice had also explained more of how the 'mind control' their former group was using worked.
It was more of mind manipulation, twisting an individual's goals to their own.
But it wasn't foolproof, and the individual could still decide otherwise under certain circumstances, but if they'd been 'twisted' their voice would have a wrong note to it, or something like that.
Sorbet hadn't paid much attention to that, but it sounded useful.
Licorice then proceeded to explain how the group, the 'Darkened Skies', they called themselves, had come to be, and Sorbet had lost interest altogether and gone to play with Marx and Lancer while Licorice and Ralsei discussed the potential end of the world.

Anyway, they'd barely been searching for Spamton for half an hour when Shinji, who was searching with Sorbet, heard Ralsei screaming.
"It sounds like he's in pain!" The small blue cat exclaimed. He jumped from Sorbet's arms, where they'd been holding him.

"COME ON!" The cat shouted, suddenly panicked, running quickly around a nearby corner. Sorbet rushed after him, startled, and they could suddenly hear it too.
An agonized screech, undeniably Ralsei's voice.

The pair dashed around a corner, staring into an alleyway, only to stare as an unusually blue clothed Jevil got dragged away by what Licorice had previously described as a 'Hive Guard'.

Another of the large, armored wasp creatures was bending over a small, huddled form, wrapped in his own pink scarf and dripping with something black.

"Ralsei?" Shinji gasped, his fur standing on end.
Despite the fact this cat had known Ralsei little over an hour, he sounded quite worried.

The Hive Guard looking over him raised their weapon, giving them a suspicious glare from under an orange visor.

"We mean no harm. He's our friend." Shinji told the guard, who stepped back with a nod, although they kept their weapon, an odd glowing staff, at hand.

Sorbet rushed to Ralsei's side.
They'd never been close but this was a rather horrid sight, in the cookies opinion.

The goat was quietly crying, what's left of his scarf wrapped over his eyes, with his hands covering it.
Black, ink-like blood dripped from what looked like a thousand shallow cuts, visible on his arms where his sleeves were torn and all over his face.
His chin seemed to be torn open altogether, looking to be the worst injury. Another nearly as bad one on his foot. The blood slowly spreading across his scarf where his eyes were suggested there was another injury on his face, as well.

Nothing lethal, tho, it looked like.
Tho it looked extremely painful.

"Ralsei? Ralsei, can you hear me?" Shinji demanded, gently nudging the goats shoulder.
Ralsei flinched, but did not respond.

"There is a doctor nearby." The Hive Guard watching said gruffly. "We could bring him there."

"Sounds necessary." Shinji replied seriously, nodding. "I'll go with you."
He turned back to look at Sorbet. "Tell everyone where we went, please."

Sorbet nodded, a little too shocked in the moment to remind the cat they kinda couldn't talk.

The Hive Guard gently picked up Ralsei from the ground, the goats black blood dripping and pooling below him.
He didn't protest.
Sorbet assumed he was in shock or something.