17

Rooster's POV
As soon as we get out of the building he holds my hand and I see Maverick run by and he immediately lets go. I say "what are you running from?!" Maverick says "date with Penny!" I say "ok" chuckling and rolling my eyes and he runs into the building. I say "what in the world?" He goes back to holding my hand saying "no idea" and we chuckle. We get in the back seat, Jake pecking my lips, and his dad says "I see you, no funny business in my backseat." I chuckle saying "loser" him resting his hand on my thigh. I rest my hand on his and he says "shut up" smiling and I say "I hate you" and he says "I hate you too" smiling. I peck his lips and his dad says "I can still see you" and Jake says "well, maybe you shouldn't see anymore?" I mumble "Jesus Christ" and Jake kisses my lips saying "cry about it, dad" and his mom says "your dad could crash this car if he wanted to." Jake says "we would be fine" rolling his eyes and I say "he'd go to jail for murder too if he did live. Ya know, the little things." We chuckle and we get to this place and Jake pulls me into his side saying "I love you" cutely and I mumble "I love you too" kissing him. His dad says "I got to get some of those sunglasses, people are gonna start thinking my ugly hanging out with you two." I chuckle and Jake says "if you want some like these, you gotta get into the navy as a pilot, dad. Lots of work just for the sunglasses." I say "you can buy them but its not the same" and Jake says "that's true" and we go into this place and his parents do all the talking. He pulls me closer than he had me before, moving his hand a bit lower on my back. His hand is almost on my ass and I mumble "what are you doing?" He mumbles "the girl at the front desk was staring at you" and moving his hand back to my hip. I mumble "was she hot?" He says "why do I save you from women?" I chuckle saying "was she hot though?" He says "I hate you" and I say "I hate you too" him kissing my cheek. I say "now, go away" and his mom says "stop annoying the boy, Jake" and I chuckle when he glares at me. I grab his hand under the table and I squeeze it gently. He smiles, looking at me, and I smile, rolling my eyes. His mom says "so, with your career, how'd you get here?" I say "I was living with my mom while going through flight school and to get a two year degree out of high school. Then I assigned to a strike fighter squadron then they were going to move me to be a naval commander even though I've been in combat for only two years. I would've been the youngest to become a commander. Tom Kozansky being second for the first time in his life" smirking then I say "turns out, they sent me here instead. Someone intervened and set me back several years but I think I'm ok with where I am now" nodding. His mom says "very impressive" and Jake says "why didn't I know that?" I say "we never talked about it" shrugging. He says "that's fair" nodding and I rub his thigh, squeezing gently. His dad says "where do you see yourself after you graduate Top Gun?" I say "if I make it out alive" quietly and I say "I don't know. Maybe I'll go into the Navy, rise up in the ranks. Maybe I'll make my two year degree a four year degree. I'm not quite sure but I have options. I don't really know where I'm going to be after this" shrugging. Jake quietly says "want to buy a place together?" He then says "I didn't mean to say that right now but the offer still stands." I say "I'm gonna pretend you didn't say that for another two hours" checking my watch and he says "thank you" and I say "no problem" chuckling and squeezing his hand. I say "call it Jakes word vomit grace period" quietly and he mumbles "yeah, I'm gonna need more of those" and I say "they are dealt as needed." We get our food and finish up then we head back to base. His mom says "it was so lovely to meet you, sweetheart" hugging me when we get out of the car. I say "it was so lovely to meet you too" smiling and she hugs me even tighter. She says "if you ever need absolutely anything just give us a call" giving me a piece of paper, squeezing my hand. I smile saying "I will" and his dad strongly shakes my hand saying "when she says anything, she means anything, kid" and I say "thank you so much." Jake says "I'm convinced y'all like him more than me. Come on now, mom and dad." I say "don't come on now your parents" and his mom says "he does that to you too?" I say "yes and it drives me crazy" as he grabs a toothpick out of his pocket then Jake looks up at me. I smile saying "yes, I'm looking at you, love." We chuckle and his mom says "well, go drive your boyfriend crazy instead of me" hugging him and he says "love you, mom" and she says "love you too, honey." He hugs his dad saying "love you" and he says "love you too, kid." Then his dad comes over to me quietly saying "be good to my son for me, he's difficult but I think you guys are really good for each other" squeezing my shoulder. They then leave and Jake rests his hand on the back of my neck, standing in front of me, I take the toothpick from his mouth, and he kisses me. Jake mumbles "I love you" and I mumble "I love you too" moving my hands to his hair. He says "how long until my grace period is up?" I check my watch saying "what are you gonna do with an hour?" He says "make you not mad at me?"