33

Rooster's POV
Jake comes over saying "what are you doing?" I say "can you open that door for me?" He opens the front door and I say "bringing in clothes and doing our gross laundry so your mom doesn't have to because these uniforms reek." We chuckle and he says "ok" kissing me. I say "give me that shirt, its soaked in sweat" chuckling and he takes it off. I throw it over my shoulder saying "thank you" kissing him and I go upstairs. I sort our our dirty clothes then I take out our uniforms. I groan saying "why so many? Uniforms for every occasion." We have like five sets each. We have this white suit meant for things like graduation, the white button up that you tuck in thats more casual but we never really wore, the casual tan that we'd just wear everywhere, and two flight suits. This includes certain pants, belts, and so on. I put them all into this laundry basket in Jakes room carefully and I say "I hate washing uniforms" and I leave the room, Savannah walking by, and I say "where's your washer and dryer?" She says "door across from you, how many peoples uniforms do you have?" I say "just two" and as I walk into the room I say "lets see if I remember how to do this." I put everyday uniforms in and I say "dress whites go inside out and flight suits smell" making sure to check all the pockets incase we forgot stuff. I start it on a gentle wash saying "at least we don't have ceremony garb like Iceman and those higher up goons cause then I'd have to go to a dry cleaner." Savannah chuckles saying "Iceman?" I say "Tom Kazansky, he's an admiral now. Imagine your brother but thirty five years older. They have to wear fancy suits at ceremonies and stuff" chuckling. I go back downstairs and I see Evan and I say "good morning" and he says "morning" smiling. Savannah comes downstairs and says "where is everyone?" I say "Jakes outside, that's all I know. I saw your mom this morning though." Jake comes inside saying "what time is it?" I say "about ten, why?" He says "just checking" and I stand up, hugging him, and I say "you are so sweaty. Why?" He chuckles saying "I've been busy, baby" kissing me and I say "ok" chuckling and I say "I think we need to downsize on the amount of uniforms we have. Were like Paris Hilton but instead of sparkly Barbie dresses it's naval uniforms." He chuckles saying "we're fashionistas, of course we own a lot." I say "you're right" sighing and I say "but it's just certain ways you have to wash certain things and I'm just like 'why?'" Jake chuckles saying "I love you" and I say "I love you too but like, you're gross so please stop touching me." He chuckles saying "ok, I'll see you in a bit. Be ready in like an hour." I say "could you call whoever we were going to talk to and see if we can talk to them this afternoon, so we don't have to do that drive again in two days time." Jake says "you got it" going upstairs to grab his phone then he goes outside. Before he shuts the door he says "if we go and meet with this guy we have to wear uniforms" and I say "just everyday work uniforms?" Jake says "probably, yeah" and goes outside and I run upstairs to throw the laundry in the dryer, hoping that it'll be all dry before we have to leave. I throw a dry towel in there just so it dries quicker then I throw all our dirty everyday clothes in the washer. I go downstairs and Jake opens the front door saying "admiral said we could" and I say "uniforms are in the dryer." He says "awesome" going upstairs saying "I have to shower again I guess" and I say "maybe you should." He kisses me and goes upstairs and I say "when you get out of the shower, do you want to put all those uniforms on hangers? Also, make sure the belts match the uniforms please" and he says "yes, sir" nodding. I say "another thing, please make sure your belts are with uniforms and vise versa." He says "yes, sir!" Savannah says "he really loves you. He never takes orders from anyone but his mom." I say "honey, he's a lieutenant, he takes orders sixty percent of the time." We chuckle and Evan says "lieutenant is the fanciest sounding thing ever" and I say "but has the least amount of power other than junior grade lieutenant." Evan says "how do you rise the ranks then?" I say "over time, my friend. I have like five years till I can go up to captain and he could be a captain in like two years time. Its mainly just time and waiting till someone pulls you into a room saying you deserve this. Mainly time and work. Or so I've heard anyway." Savannah says "that's a lot of work" and I chuckle saying "it gets scary sometimes but it's a lot of fun." I hear Jake say "no shit its scary for you! You almost died the other day!" I say "give me a break, you could've died too!" He says "you willingly crashed your plane!" I chuckle saying "yeah, and you willingly flew into a fight with a plane that clearly had the upper hand." He says "ouch. I only did it cause you told me to and I can't lose you now, baby!" I shake my head and I go upstairs and he's just hanging everything up as he puts on his clothes. I kiss him mumbling "I can't lose you either, you're all I've got other than the old man we like to call Maverick." He chuckles and kisses me, handing me my uniform saying "this house is really nice and I'm hoping it'll be quick" and I chuckle.