30

Rooster's POV
I say "yeah, I felt the need to park next to you." Jake chuckles saying "remember that time you almost crashed your plane into Mavericks plane when taxiing?" I say "don't remind me" chuckling and he says "it was funny" and I say "I almost cried. It was not funny" laughing. Jake says "I love you but destroying expensive government owned planes is a terrible idea." I say "no shit" and we go inside, him putting his hand in my back pocket. I say "what did your mom have to say?" He says "she doesn't shut up about you, she's excited to see you" chuckling and Savannah says "he's the favorite kid and he's not even related." Evan says "is it really that bad?" I chuckle saying "I've met her only once, its that bad" us laughing. Jake says "she also gave me the hows my favorite son? No, not you, Jake. Las time I checked, I don't have a brother." We laugh and we get sat down and Evan says "I love your mom already." I say "she's lovely" chuckling and we sit at our table and Jake rests his hand on my thigh saying "she's funny." I say "did you talk to the admiral earlier?" He says "yeah, he said if we wanted to meet with him on Monday at some point because he'll need us, we can." I chuckle saying "already? That was fast. They could've just kept us" us chuckling and he says "that's what I'm saying. I think this is a longer time though. It'll be a four month training period for a small mission we could do in our sleep apparently." I say "so, this guy thinks were boneheads and thinks we can't teach a simple mission in a month?" Jake says "I guess they're young like not even two years out of flight school young. They're apparently like really good though." I say "so they gave us kids. Great" and we chuckle and he says "yeah." Savannah says "how old would these kids be anyway?" I say "nineteen would be the youngest." Savannah says "is that not how it is usually at Top Gun?" I say "god no, what's the criterial to be picked?" Evan says "they pick you? You don't like sign up?" I say "no, they take the best of the best, its like Harvard on full ride scholarship for naval aviators. Did he mention money?" Jake says "yes, we can talk about that later though." I smile saying "ok" and he kisses me saying "I feel like I haven't seen you in years." I say "I think that's the longest we've been apart since we met. I just can't seem to get rid of you." Jake says "sucks to be you then" smiling and Jake, kisses me, and Savannah says "when are you leaving the house cause I can't stand you anymore" and Jake says "two months tops. You think I want to live with my parents at age thirty? Of course I don't. I'm a man" and I chuckle saying "glad you thought you had to say that you were a man." We laugh and he says "I hate you" and I say "I hate you too" smiling. Jake squeezes my thigh saying "wanna go clubbing?" I laugh saying "I'm sorry, what?" We chuckle and he says "wait, did I mean that?" I say "don't ask me" and he says "I'm tired, maybe tomorrow" quietly and Savannah says "I wanna go clubbing." I say "is she old enough?" Jake says "yeah, I went clubbing for my eighteenth birthday with my friends. They aren't allowed to serve you alcohol is all." I nod saying "gotcha. Is that a bad idea to take eighteen year olds clubbing?" Jake says "are we too old for clubbing?" I chuckle and Evan says "there's no such thing as too old, however there is such thing as being chicken" and we chuckle. I say "I like you" and Jake says "I just got roasted by a child." I say "you poor thing" pinching his cheek, us all chuckling. This waitress comes over and takes our orders and she just smiles and stares at me a little too long for Jakes liking. I can just tell. Then she walks away and Jake says "why do I take you anywhere?" I say "it's called the smile and wave, you should try it. Girls are looking for the golden retriever boys not the Batman type nowadays." He says "no, I think its just that cute face of yours." I say "its all in the 'stache, baby" making him laugh and he says "that's just a bonus for your face. Like those two dollar add ons to your avatar in video games." When the waitress comes back with our food, I order a beer, and I just look around at this place. I say "is that a piano?" Jake says "it is, they have a strict rule though. No just pressing random keys, you actually gotta play" making me laugh. I say "guess I won't then. I was gonna go play hot cross buns" rolling my eyes. He says "hey, I wasn't sure." I say "you were sure" and I look over to the piano saying "ok, let me out" and he chuckles, getting up, and letting me out. I start noodling as I do and Jake was right about that rule as I read the sign. I look at it as I noodle and it says: we like classics not classical, sing your heart out and I chuckle, getting ready to play my song.  I do a key slide thing and I jump right into Great Balls Of Fire. Several people gather around the piano including Jake, Savannah, and Evan. I don't even have to look at the keys for this song anymore. Its all muscle memory now. I just stare at Jake and occasionally the wall as I sing then when I finish the song I get many brief cheers and I chuckle, smiling at everyone. Jake says "you amaze me" and we go back to our table. Evan says "what other talents do you have?!" I say "not many" chuckling and shaking my head.