23

Rooster's POV
I take my head seat off and I say "Maverick?!" He groans saying "over here, I'm too fucking old for this" and I groan, offering him my hand. He says "now were both stuck here, good job, dumbass." I say "shut the fuck up" and he says "your godamn hero complex, now were both fucked" looking around then going to higher ground. I follow him saying "you're so selfish. I'm here because you're basically all I've got in this stupid little life of mine! So why don't you shut the fuck up and stop calling me stupid for my decision because I've had enough and we need a plan or were stranded here for the next two days no food no water. Im definitely eating you before you eat me, so you're going to need to find a pretty godamn good plan, Mr. all mighty Maverick." He says "enough of you monologuing. I have a plan" smirking and he says "follow me" going over a hill and we see a tarmac burning in flames. I say "we can't take off on this even if you find a plane." He says "well, I found a plane and a taxi tarmac" and I say "you can't take off on a taxi tarmac" actually face palming. I say "it's called a taxi tarmac for a reason" sighing and he says "kid, I can take off on anything." I say "you sound like Jake and I think I hate it" and we go to this really old plane. I say "this is a piece of old junk like you" and Pete says "I shot down many enemy planes in one of these" and I say "yeah, almost forty years ago." He says "you're gonna have to help me warm this thing up." He gets in and starts directing me to do certain thing to get the plane going. I say "how are you going to get this piece of shit off the ground?" He says "just like this, get in" and I get in and the engine revs slightly and I get strapped in and everything and he says "see if you can turn the location thing on." I say "how?!" He says "never mind. Try the coms" and I say "how?!" He says "you're too young for this shit. Uh" then he starts telling me what to do for the locations and I say "were back." He says "sit back, enjoy the ride, kid." I say "I can do that" sitting back and he says "try the coms if you can" and gives me directions and I say "Pete, that means absolutely nothing to me." Pete says "just sit back then, I'll let you know when I need you." We go home and I say "Mav, there's an enemy plane on our tail" and he says "just be cool" saluting the guy that's flying next to us. He says "I know none of what he's signaling." I say "Mav, the guy is onto us" and he says "were almost there" and I say "he's advancing" and Mav says "old on" and I try the coms and I say "Top Gun Advisors, come in" and they all sigh in relief and one of them say "Rooster, is Maverick with you?" I say "sure is, you think I could fly this piece of junk" and Pete says "I'm starting to like this plane, I'm gonna name her but we have a bogey that is advancing, I'm gonna need back up." Jake says "I heard back up" and I sigh saying "please help, do you see this guy on us?" Jake says "yeah, you want me to shoot him out of the sky?" I say "yes! It's lovely hearing from you but my god, please shut up and help" desperately. Jake says "yes, sir" taking off as Maverick tries to deal with this guy and Jake helps contain the plane and Maverick takes him down. Maverick says "five in the books, woo! Write that down!" I say "land the plane then I'll write it down personally. I'll even sign it." He lands the plane with a lot of help and I say "oh my god" as he opens the top. Jake comes over and I get down, him saying "I thought you died" and I chuckle saying "well, I'm still here" and he says "yeah, how unfortunate" and I say "you're awful" chuckling. Jake pulls me into a tight hug saying "I'm serious, I thought you died. Don't scare me like that again" quietly and I say "oh my god, are you crying?" He says "maybe" quietly and I rub his back saying "you poor thing" chuckling and holding him. I say "that was scary" and he mumbles "no shit" and he pulls away and I say "I love you" quietly and he says "I love you too." Phoenix says "Hangman, you gotta share, he almost died" and Jake says "shut up" and moves away from me and she hugs me. I say "that was wild" and she says "I know right" pulling away and she mumbles "he is so in love with you, just kiss already like I don't think any of us care. Were waiting for someone to make a move." Jake comes over to me saying "can I have him back yet?" Phoenix says "yes" winking at me and Jake says "what  did she say?" I say "she's onto us is all" smiling and he says "I knew that" and I say "I see it in your eyes, can you kiss me already?" He kisses me deeply and he keeps his hands on my hips. I say "come on, I'm hungry. Time to go find food" and he chuckles saying "can we take these uniforms off first?" I say "obviously" and we all go back to the locker room and Jake says "now, I can touch your ass whenever I want. No boundaries anymore!" I say "I did not agree to that" and he says "come on now" and Bob says "now it goes from rival arguments to old married couple arguments." Jake says "wanna get married?" I say "give me a year, you asked me that the other day. That's an old one." He says "want to go to a nude beach?" I say "what?! No" chuckling and he starts helping me out with the stupid straps on my back.