42

Rooster's POV
Two months later
I say "ok. This is your first mission. You've completed have of your training and I think you are ready for this one." I give them a rundown of the mission and we get ready to go up. Half of the kids I'm taking up for one round this time and Jakes taking the next one in a couple weeks. I say "hey, can you just be ready? This is stressing me out and it feels like somethings going to happen" quietly and Jake says "I got you, lets do this" quietly. He pecks my lips and we all go out to the tarmac. My group gets together and I say "ok, guys, were going up and we have been practicing for this for the past couple months. We know what to do and you just have to do it. People will be on our coms telling us whats going on and so on. Any questions?" They all shake their heads and I say "I need a verbal no or start asking questions." They all say "no" and I go over to Jake saying "I love you" and he says "I love you too. You need anything, give me a call" and he kisses me. I say "ok, you get in there and be ready because it might get out of hand" quietly. He says "I know, I know what you're going into." I turn around, him tightening my straps, and he slaps my ass. I say "stop it" chuckling and he winks at me saying "love you" and I say "love you too" smiling and we get in our planes and I say "lets get this show on the road." People that work for Top Gun says "get over there, Rooster, then we'll be able to see what you guys are up against." Jake says "say something" on a separate coms channel, so its just him and I. I say "I'm here. Were getting to the location pretty quick here. About to take the dive" and Jake says "be careful. The dive is quite the drop" and I say "I know" and he says "give them a warning, baby" and I say "you can" and Jake comes over the coms where everyone can hear him and he says "the dive is quite the drop, its gonna hurt a bit because you have to take it fast. So, be careful taking the dive then it'll be a good climb but the dive is going to be the harder part." Everyone says "you've got it" or something like that. I take the dive and I say "oh shit! Here we go" and I do what I was assigned, taking the shot, and a couple of the other pilots take their shots. I say "made the shot, taking the climb" and one of the women working more behind the scenes says "there are four bogeys" and I finish the climb saying "four?!" She says "and two more are close behind them." I say "shit" and Jake says to just me "do you need me?" I say "I'll let you know if I'll need you" and Baron says "Rooster what do you want us to do?" I say "don't think just do!" We get up there with these enemy planes and I start giving orders to everyone in the air as we take these guys down but then four more show up instead of two more. I say "Jake, I need some help! These kids aren't ready for whatever this is" as I pull maneuvers that I didn't learn till I started Top Gun. I didn't know this at their age. I hear voices saying "get the kids out of there, Rooster!" Baron says "I've been shot!" Elvis says "so have I! What do we do, Rooster?!" I say "get out of here! Just go!" Jake says "I'm almost there and I've got back up!" I say "I'm locked in on one" and Jake says "ive got one, dont move too much, baby." I say "this is awful" and I hear "Phoenix reporting for duty. I'm gonna get one. Hold on, Bob" and I say "oh my god, I'm so happy to hear from you guys." Jake says "I got another one locked in, switching to guns, six more." Jake takes down two more and I hear a "what did you get yourself into, baby Bradshaw?" I say "Maverick, this guy is on my ass. Please help" and he says "I got you, kid" doing a complex maneuver and taking out one of the planes. He says "add that to my tally, boys" and Phoenix says "don't get so ahead of yourself, Maverick." We take down the rest of the planes and I say "holy shit. On our way home. I'm taking it slow" sighing. I say "Jake, I think it's time to retire cause trouble follows me and you always have to save me." Jake chuckles saying "is that four planes I've shot now?" I say "stop talking" us all flying in and I say "where did all of you guys come from?" Bob says "oh ya know, down the road" and we chuckle. I say "well, I'm very thankful you were here cause holy shit that came out of nowhere" and Jake says "I'm not doing the second round of that. We don't need to do another one, right?" Our favorite lady over the coms from the control room says "nope, we do not. You all have a lot to learn and you all weren't ready for that. You all handled that very well." We all land and I go over to Jake saying "holy shit" and he says "yeah no shit." I hug Jake and I mumble "that was scary." Jake mumbles "you almost gave me a heart attack. Quit doing that." I smile against his shoulder and I mumble "I'm sweating and shaking." Jake rubs my back saying "you really freaked me out just then." I say "I know, I'm sorry." He says "no need to apologize, baby. I love you" and I look at him saying "wanna get married?" We chuckle and Jake says "uh, isn't it obvious?" I chuckle saying "lets go talk to the others" kissing him then grabbing his hand.