1

As the sun started to raise with the sky changing bluish black to the blue, pink, red, orange, yellow and then finally settling with the light blue sky. With that, soon the empty streets started being occupied by some small tea and coffee vendors and tender coconut vendors. At the same time, people of all age groups began with their routine of jogging or walking or running or exercising. The people were too busy in their own world to even notice someone who was begging in the streets to fill their stomach. After all, it was the city of Mumbai which has everyone on their toes and always busy with their own lives to meddle with others.

Amongst the hustle and bustle, a man who was running with ear plugs in his ears. Wearing gray skinny t-shirt and black shorts which reached below his knees. He stopped in the side of the lane and removed the ear plugs and noticed a woman was making tamarind candies to sell and make some living out of it. He went near the old lady and saw the candies as good eyes shimmered as if remembering something or more like someone.

Soft giggles and laughters filled his ears which he felt as if he was hearing to an angel's voice. But then suddenly he got pushed aside by a boy of around 7-8 years old who made his way towards the old lady with eagerness.

"Kaki! Kaki! Paanch candies dijiye na"

The old lady happy to have someone buying her candies, gave the small boy give candies. But the boy didn't had any money with him and turned sad. He returned the candies and with dejection, he started walking back from where he had come. The park.

There the man saw the boy holding his ears and doing sit ups as if apologizing to the small girl. Who was now looking at the boy very angrily with her arms folded against her chest.

Seeing that, all of a sudden the boy and the girl, both of their appearance changed. He saw the most beautiful and angelic looking girl standing there with a pout on her face instead of the girl who he had seen earlier and the boy's appearance had changed to his own, when he was of 9 years old. The girl looked cute in her pigtails and her chubby cheeks. She appeared to be 5 years old. 

*Honk* *Honk*

The sudden loud sound broke his trance to only see that he been standing in the middle of the road and the car was about to run over him. Lucky that he got saved from being hit, he stepped aside and went near to the woman who was selling the candies. He had no idea of when exactly did he end up in the middle of the road.

Sighing, he saw the boy and the girl. They happen to be in their true appearance. Not who he imagined to be. And still the boy was pleading the girl to apologize by doing some funny tricks which he failed miserably. Chuckling, he turned towards the old lady and asked her to pack ten candies.

Once she did, he paid the money and took the packet and then he crossed the road to reach the other side where there was a small park. Where the boy and girl were now sitting on a bench. It was as if the boy was tired of making it up for her.

Reaching near them, he kneeled down on the grass and held two candies in front of them. Seeing the candies, their eyes twinkled and their hands almost reached to grab the candies but the boy stopped and also stopped the girl from taking it.

"Riya, Nahi. Strangers se Kuch bhi Nahi Lena hai. Mam ne Kaha tha"

"Ha... Lekin mam yaha pe Nahi hai"

Saying that, innocently she tried to take the candies to be only stopped by the boy once again.

"Mam Nahi hai toh kya hua? Mai toh hu! Mai tumhe yeh candy Nahi Lene dunga"

"Tum mere Bhai Nahi ho!"

"Lekin dost toh hu! Aur dosti humesha nibhana Chahiye.... "

"Lekin Mai gussa hu tumse..."