21

Naina who stood stunned, turned back to see Aditya on his knees while he held one of her hand gently and continued to sing.

Jab Koi Baat Bigad Jaaye

Jab Koi Mushkil Pad Jaaye

Tum Dena Saath Mera

O Humnawaaz

Naa Koi Hai Na Koi Tha

Zindage Mein Tumhaare Siva

Tum Dena Saath Mera

O Humnawaaz

Tum Dena Saath Mera

O Humnawaaz

Aditya stood up on his feet as he held Naina's other hand also in his, bringing her close to him as he saw her eyes moistening. Not because she was hurt or sad, but overwhelmed by the fact that he remembered each and every single thing.

Her thoughts immediately drifted back to the flashback when she had sung this very same song.

Naina in her school uniform, walked across the corridors of her school and end up in music room where no one was there. It wasn't her first time to be in the music room but then, she would only enter the music room when no one would be there.

Naina who was timid and shy, had this urge to sing but she couldn't join the music class because of her parents who believed that it would be of waste of time. But then she somehow found herself ending up in music room whenever it was possible and spend some alone time. Mostly she used to go after all the students were let off or even before the school bell rang for the assembly.

Naina walked inside the room as her fingers grazed upon the keys of the piano and the strings of guitar. Her eyes lit up with joy and happiness. Closing her eyes, Naina started to sing while at the same time a smile broke onto her face.

Ho Chaandni Jab Tak

Raat Deta Hai Har Koi Saath

Tum Magar-

Tum Magar-

As Naina struggled to sing with correct verses of the song, a frown appeared on her face. But then suddenly her body froze on hearing a male voice who continued to sing from where she had stopped. Naina knew who it was but was too anxious to face him.

Tum Magar Andheron Mein

Na Chhodna Mera Haath

The voice somehow soothed her soul but also made her heart flutter and beat erratically. Naina turned back to meet Aditya's deep black eyes. No matter how much she tried, Naina couldn't avert her gaze and neither could she stop him. It was like she was hypnotized by his voice and gaze.

Ho Chaandni Jab Tak

Raat Deta Hai Har Koi Saath

Tum Magar Andheron Mein

Na Chhodna-

But then the loud school bell rang which made her realise what was happening and when she did, her eyes widened with shock and embarrassment and then she immediately ran away past him leaving him fazed.

Mera Haath

Naina was brought back to present as she heard loud applause for both Aditya and Naina. She felt Aditya's thumb on her cheeks caressing and wiping the tears that she had not realised that were rolling down her cheek, as he continued to sing.

Jab Koi Baat Bigad Jaaye

Jab Koi Mushkil Pad Jaaye

Tum Dena Saath Mera