27

"He will be out of the jail by tomorrow"

As soon as Armaan's voice hit Nia's ears, she raised her head to look up at him standing already gazing at her with a blank face. Nia couldn't understand what he was feeling as he stood with a poker face which was not settling in her mind.

Nia thought that Armaan would walk out after that instead he walked around and sat beside her leaning on the wall for the support, which surprised her finding him sitting beside her.

Nia wiped her tears with both of her back hands and then looked at Armaan who was sitting calmly. It seemed as though the calm was only for a moment before the thunderstorm would strick.

Armaan had so many questions on his mind that he was going crazy to not have answers to them. Sighing, he finally looked at Nia and spoke.

"Nia... I will walk away.

But before that I need some answers for my questions and after that, I promise not to bother you anymore.

And I will surely keep up with the promise."

Nia could see that Armaan was hurt and probably, she would hurt him even more today.

Finding it difficult to keep up with his gaze, Nia averted her gaze while she listened to him speak.

"Nia? Why are you running away from me?"

Nia swallowed the painful knot in throat as she tried to not break into tears and spoke with her eyes closed.

"Because of you"

"Because of me? I-i don't understand...Nia... I"

Taking a deep breath, Nia looked at him fiercely.

"Yes, because of you! You are making me move away from you."

Armaan had no idea of what Nia was speaking about. Since childhood, they had spent their days together. He always protected her. He was there for every time.

"How am I making you go away from me Nia?

Since childhood, we have spent our days together.

We know eachother more than anyone out there.

I have been always there for you!

I have always protected you!

Then how am I pushing you away from me Nia?"

Nia couldn't help but lash out at him.

"The kind protection you were giving me, was suffocating me!

Yes!

You being there for each and every single thing that I couldn't see anything or anyone apart from you.

The so called protection which you said you were claiming to give me, where I wasn't allowed to do anything by myself or go out or even make friends.

And more over, you were taking decisions of my life!

It felt as though that I was living someone else's life and not mine!

You suffocated me!

You suffer me so much that I had choose to go away from you, from my family and from my home!

So far that I wouldn't have to follow someone else's words."

Armaan was stunned to hear so many things that Nia had said. He never imagined even in his nightmare that he would be suffocating her.

His love.

His Jaan.

Unable to look at Armaan's heart broken face, Nia stood up on her feet and looked away while regretting to say something which wasn't truth. But then, she had no courage to speak the actual truth of what had happened years back.