18

In the club while everyone were enjoying, Sukriti, Rohit and Ashutosh sat in silence as they continued to have their drinks. It was Sukriti who spoke first.

"Remember, Ashutosh? How we used to spend weekends during college?"

Ashutosh nodded his head and placed his glass on the table, looking back at Sukriti and then at Rohit and then again at Sukriti.

"Yeah... of course I do! How can I even forget those days and nights?

By the way, Rohit.... To haven't been speaking much lately. Everything alright?"

"Yes... Everything is perfect. If something is not perfect? That would be my mother!"

Sukriti chuckled and asked.

"Don't tell me.... Your mother is trying to set you up again?"

Rohit sighed and nodded.

"Rohit? Why don't you get married?"

"Yes... Why don't you?"

When both Ashutosh and Sukriti asked, Rohit looked at them and just sipped on his drink and then counter backed with the same question.

"Why aren't you both married yet?"

Now it was their turn to stay silent. But they continued to think.

Rohit gazed at Sukriti who had caught his heart and mind from the day he had joined Lifeline Hospital as Cardiologist and it has been two years now. He couldn't bring himself to look at any other girl even after he came to know about her love Ashutosh.

Sukriti who sipped on her drink silently, gazed at Ashutosh. She questioned herself whether she was going crazy because of how much has come to love him even though she couldn't just express her feelings to him.

Ashutosh on the other hand, his gazes were searching for Nia who was now nowhere to be seen. Deep inside, he questioned himself whether his feelings were just infatuation or was he truly falling in love? He just couldn't forget how beautiful Nia looked.

Then they all heard an announcement where they were starting a game of blind dance. Which meant upon whomever the light falls, they will have to dance. And the only chosen twenty couples would be able to participate in the game. Hearing which, the crowd gathered around the stage.

"Seems like fun.... What say?"

"No way!"

Sukriti rejected looking at Rohit and said.

"These people are stranger... Rohit. How can you be alright dancing with stranger?"

To which he responded...

"And what if you don't have to dance with a stranger?"

"There's barely any possibility of such"

"We can try right?"

Rohit dragged Sukriti and Ashutosh towards the crowd. As the game started, the lights fell upon two members each time. It had been tenth time the light fell and it was on Roma and Diganth.

Then it was Vivek and Kanchan. The next light lights fell on Sukriti and Rohit.

"See... Slightest possibilities also works"

"Yeah... Yeah"

All the people who had been chosen as couples for the game were called to stand on the stage.

Just few seconds before the lights turned off, Ashutosh saw Nia amongst the crowd and tiniest part of his heart hoped that the lights to fall on himself and Nia as he would get a chance to be with Nia.