0.7 > THE BODY

-GENESIS-

-
GENESIS
-

QUITE A LOT of days had past and things in Hawkins were getting stranger and stranger. People were going missing in unexplained and unexpected ways. A young boy's body had recently been found in the quarry. Everyone thought there was some psycho killer on the loose. Yelena had never seen Hopper so stressed out before. He was working constantly.

Apparently it was the young boy's funeral today. His name was Will Byers. His brother, Jonathan, was in the same year as Yelena at school and his mother, Joyce, worked at a general store. She was a lovely woman. Yelena had been served by her at the store once or twice and she always had a smile on her face.

Hawkins Middle School we're having an assembly for Will but Hawkins High School were not, which Yelena found quite odd since his brother attended there. And besides, Barbara Holland was missing too. Sorry they should at least be reminding the students to be extra careful.

Yelena was in the restrooms at school finishing up in a stall when she heard the door open and voices gossiping. She was about to walk out of her stall when she heard something that caught her attention so she decided to listen in.

"Yeah, I heard he told people that they were just studying, but isn't that what he said about Nancy Wheeler too? And besides, Tommy told us different, and Steve tells Tommy everything." One of the girls said. Yelena had been tutoring Steve almost every day after school, and it was surprisingly fun, but she didn't think he would've lied about anything to his friends, would he?

"I know! I mean, everyone knows Steve Harrington is a player, but I didn't think he was a cheater." Another girl replied.

"And with that Yelena girl. I didn't take her for a slut. I at least thought the guy had standards." Th first girl added. Yelena's jaw clenched but she took a deep breath and decided to leave the stall. The two girls looked a little stunned at first, but then looked at each other and began snickering. Yelena ignored them both and began washing her hands. She could feel the eyes on her.

"So did you?" The first girl, Tina, finally spoke up as Yelena was drying her hands.

"Did I what?" Yelena sighed.

"Did you sleep with Steve Harrington?" The second girl, Laurie, asked. Yelena rolled her eyes, shaking her head as she began walking away, not wanting to converse with the girls.

"There's no point in lying. The whole school already knows." Tina sneered, making Yelena stop in her tracks.

"The whole school knows what? A lie? Good for them." Yelena raised a brow. "I didn't sleep with that asshole." She cleared before swinging the bathroom door open and walking away. We're they just bullshitting or did Steve really tell Tommy that? Either way the whole school now thought that she slept with Steve.