0.39

—AMENITY—

AMENITY

ONE MONTH LATER...
Now, as much as it broke Yelena's heart, Hopper's cabin just wasn't big enough to comfortably house four people - three of which were adults. So, unfortunately, Yelena and Nat bought there own place. A nice little two bedroom apartment. But that didn't mean they weren't at Hopper's cabin almost every day. It had been Yelena's home for almost two years now. She missed living with El and Hopper, but she was glad to have Nat back.

Other than that, everything else was going better than ever. Will was recovering well, Hopper had legally adopted El as his daughter - but has sworn to Yelena that she will always be just as much a daughter to him as El - and Lucas and Max seem to cosying up pretty well too. And the Snow Ball of '84 was only a few hours away.

Two other people who were also on cloud nine at the moment: Yelena and Steve.

Of course, things had been busy lately with Yelena and Nat trying to find a place and then moving in and also finding jobs to pay for the small apartment - which Hopper had kindly funded to get the two of them started. The two of them hadn't exactly had a minute to really go on a proper date, or spend some real quality time together. They'd seen each other - Steve had helped them move in - but they hadn't actually spent time together.

So, Steve had a plan. Himself and Yelena were doing the honour of being Dustin's ride to the Snow Ball, and afterwards, Steve was going to drive Yelena to a gorgeous spot in Hawkins that overlooked the whole town and had a breathtaking view of the stars and the moon. His dad used to take him camping there when he was a little kid before he got all work and business crazy. He wanted to take his kids there someday to go camping. He thought it'd be the perfect spot to take Yelena first though.

Steve had phoned her before hand and reminded her to wear something comfy. He already had blankets and pillows in the trunk of the car where they could sit together once they'd driven to the spot. And food too. He'd made two portions of mac n' cheese and a flask of hot chocolate for them.

As he pulled up outside the apartment block, Yelena came skipping out of the doors, practically in her pyjamas with a jacket over the top and her hair carelessly thrown up onto a bun, which made Steve chuckle. He adored her idea of comfort. She didn't give a single fuck. It was as if she'd only just woken up.

Yelena gave him a big grin and hopped in the passenger side of the car. She buckled her seatbelt as she greeted him, but Steve had other ideas. He leant over and gently grabbed her chin, tilting her head up and pressing a soft kiss to her lips. Yelena slowly removed her hands from her seatbelt and kissed him back. She wasn't disappointed, she just wasn't expecting it was all.

"That was a nice way to be greeted when I look like this." Yelena chuckled.

"You look perfect." Steve smiled and kissed her again. "Let's go get Dustin."