0.31 > THE GATE

-BELLICOSE-

-
BELLICOSE
-

HOPPER HAD A shotgun in one hand and Yelena's pistol in the other as he paced into the living room. His own was tucked into his belt. Steve had his bat and everyone else grabbed whatever they could find.

"Yelena." Hopper called and Yelena turned to him.

"Is that my gun?" She asked.

"Yeah, kid, yours is better than mine. But here." He handed it to her and she cocked it, ready for the demodogs. With the shotgun, he turned to Jonathan.

"Can you use this?" He asked and Jonathan hesitated.

"I can." Nancy said and he handed it to her before grabbing his own out of his belt. Steve looked at Yelena's gun and then at her.

"You get the cool weapon this time." He said.

"Hell yeah." Yelena smirked, clicking the gun, which Steve found insanely hot. The sound of the demodogs got closer and closer. The growling was right outside and everyone braced themselves, but then it began sounding like it was in pain. It was more of a moaning than a snarling noise. Then there was a gunshot.

"Someone's out there." Yelena muttered. It went silent until suddenly the demodog came crashing through the window. Everyone let out gasps and screams. The demodog landed on the coffee table, crushing it. But it didn't move after. It was dead.

"Holy shit." Dustin mumbled.

"Is it dead?" Max asked. No one answered, but everyone crowded it. That was until the door creaked. The lock flicked and everyone raised their weapons. Slowly the door opened, revealing two people.

Eleven.

She was with someone else too. Most eyes were on El, since she was the recognisable face, but Yelena's eyes stuck the the other person. A woman with red hair, dyed blond at the tips as if it was outgrown. She was holding a gun. Holding it the same way that Yelena was. They way they had been taught to hold it. The woman was her sister. The woman was Natasha Romanoff.

Everyone else had lowered their weapons after seeing El, but Yelena kept hers up and pointed at Natasha. Her breathing was a little stuttered, but she didn't know what else to do. She was positive it was Natasha. As soon as she made eye contact with her, despite her seeming older than she should. But unfortunately for the two of them, reunions with people from their past often felt more like confrontations of their past until they had shown that they meant no harm.

"Yelena." Natasha said and all eyes were suddenly on the two girls. Confused eyes at that.

"Natasha." Yelena responded. The two of them slowly took steps further into the living room, still pointing their weapons at each other. Neither girl wanted to be the one to lower their weapon. The group exchanged nervous glances at the fact that the two knew each other. They'd all figured that it had to have been someone from Yelena's past as soon as they said one another's names.