0.27

-ELSEWHERE-

-
ELSEWHERE
-

ELEVEN WANTED TO go home. She'd found Kali. She'd explored a new part of her life. But she needed to be in Hawkins. There were her friends. People she loved needed her. And she needed them. Which is why she was currently waiting at the bus stop to get back home to her family.

The hot air from the bus hit El as it came to a halt and she quickly climbed up the stairs and found herself a seat. It was pretty empty. Only a few other people. El took her seat nearer the middle of the bus. There was a woman sat besides her but on the other aisle. El was at the window seat and so was the women, so there were two seats and the aisle between them.

The woman was pretty. Unusually pretty. She had dark ginger hair, but the ends were died bright blonde. It looked outgrown, but she still somehow pulled it off. She was wearing just a flannel and jeans that looked to have been bought at a local store or thrift shop. Nothing expensive or high end. She had a rucksack with her that looked pretty full that was placed in the seat besides her.

As El's eyes scanned over it, she saw something poking out of the side pocket of the rucksack. It was a photo of two young girls. One with red hair that had the ends of it died blue, and the other a younger girl with blonde hair. They both looked happy. And familiar - the younger one anyway. El squinted and leant her head forwards slightly to try and get a closer look without seeming weird. She could swear it was Yelena. It looked so much like her. In fact, El was positive it was her.

The woman noticed El's gaze and followed it down to the photo hanging out of her bag. She thought it was odd seeing a girl so young, dressed how she was, on a bus on her own this late at night.

"It's my sister." The woman said, startling El a little. El gave her a puzzled glance, not having heard what she said properly. "The photo. That's me and my sister when we were young." The woman elaborated and El's confused faded.

"What's her name?" El asked softly.

"Yelena." The woman answered and El's face immediately morphed to into a sort of realisation mixed with shock.

"Yelena... Belova?" Eleven murmured and the woman's face changed from a reminiscent smile to an apprehensive frown.

"H-how do you..." the woman trailed off, too shocked for words.

"Are y-you... Natasha Romanova?" El asked unsurely, but the woman's face confirmed it - she was Natasha Romanova.

"Kid... how do you know Yelena?" Natasha questioned, sitting up straighter.

"Sh-she's my sister." El said and Natasha furrowed her brows. "Not the s-same mom." El quickly cleared up as Natasha stood up and shuffled across the aisle to the seat besides Eleven.

"What's you're name, kid?" Natasha asked.

"El. Short for Eleven." El answered. Natasha thought that was a strange name, but she had more important questions right now.

"How do you know Yelena, El?" She asked.

"It's a long story." Eleven replied. Natasha looked at her watch and then glanced at the time they were supposed to arrive in Hawkins. They were currently leaving Chicago.

"We got time." Natasha concluded. Eleven explained every detail, from the gates to her powers to how Yelena got into this dimension to fighting the demogorgon all the way to the day El left. Natasha was stunned, but took it surprisingly well.

"And one of the last things she told me before I left was not to do anything stupid... but I did." Eleven finished, her voice saddening at the end.

"We all do stupid things, El. It'll work out in the end. Trust me." Nat gave her a small, reassuring smile. "How is she? Yelena, I mean. How's she been?" Nat asked, biting her lip.

"She's... good now. Really good." El replied.

"Now?" Nat questioned.

"Well, yeah. She said she was okay, but I could tell that she didn't like being in Hawkins at first because... because people were mean at school. But she's okay now. Apart from the nightmares - sometimes she still has nightmares."

"Wait, school? How old is she?" Nat asked. "I'm sorry, I have so many questions."

"It's okay. She's eighteen now. But she was seventeen when she first came through the gate." El explained.

"Holy shit." Natasha murmured. "She came from... 2006?" She said and El nodded. "It would've only been, like, eleven or twelve years since we got separated." Nat concluded.

"How long has it been for you?" Eleven asked.

"Twenty eight years."