0.10 > THE MONSTER

-APPREHEND-

-
APPREHEND
-

STEVE AND YELENA stopped outside of a store and sat on a bench to catch their breath.

"You have got to stop doing that, Harrington." Yelena sighed.

"What?" Steve asked.

"Being nice for a while and then going back to being a total dick." She said. "I mean, seriously. What the hell was that about back there? Is it to do with what was bothering you yesterday?"

"Yeah." Steve nodded. "I... I sometimes sneak through Nancy's window to see her because her parents are, like, super strict. And when I went there the other night she was on the bed with Jonathan and they were getting all close and touchy." He explained. "And, you know, if it was any other guy I still would've been pissed, but the other week Jonathan was outside my house taking photos of us through the window when we were, uh... you know..."

"Oh..." Yelena pursed her lips. "Jonathan was wrong for that, so I get why your pissed. But there was no need for you to bring his family into it. Especially Will." She told him.

"I know." Steve nodded. "A-and I'll apologise to him for that at some point. But... do you think him and Nancy really slept together?" He asked.

"Steve," Yelena started. "I don't know about them, but last week that same rumour was going around about us. Now, instead of spray painting on the movie theatres for the whole town to see, you should've talked to her. And not while she was raging." She explained and Steve was silent in thought for a moment.

"You're right. You're totally right. You're always right." Steve huffed.

"I know. Remember that." Yelena chuckled and so did Steve.

"Thanks, Yelena. For pulling me away and... snapping me back to reality or whatever." He thanked.

"You did the same for me." Yelena said.

"Yeah, that's because you were prepared to murder Tommy. I mean, I'm surprised the look on your face didn't scare him away. I'm surprised you even stopped punching him." Steve chuckled.

"Trust me, I didn't want to stop." Yelena snickered.

"Okay, calm down, you little psycho." He laughed.

"I'm just saying!" Yelena giggled. Her eyes trailed over Steve's beat up face then to the store behind them. They'd sell antiseptic spray and a cloth in there. "Wait here." She said and disappeared into the store.