0.12

-PRODIGY-

-
PRODIGY
-

ELEVEN EXPLAINED HOW she could use a sensory deprivation tank to emerge herself into a deeper and more intense psychic state to contact Will and Barb. All they needed now was instructions on how to make one. Dustin had the bright idea of ringing Mr Clarke and asking him. Despite how strange that was, he did it anyway. Dustin had no shame. He wrote down everything Mr Clarke was saying, which included a pool, water, eggs and salt. Lots of salt. 1500 pounds of the stuff.

"Where are we going to get that much salt?" Nancy questioned.

"The school." Hopper answered.

Yelena went with the group to the school, to get ahold of all the salt they needed. It would usually be used to put on the paths and playground when it was icy. Joyce had brought the old kiddy pool that Will and his friends used to play in when they were younger. Nancy and Mike pulled the hose around to the pool, which they had situated in the gym, and Hopper and Jonathan began pouring bags of salt into it. Lucas took the temperature of the water while Yelena sat with Dustin, balancing eggs on the water to make sure it had the right amount of salt. It took a few attempts but they finally got there.

"That's perfect." Yelena said she watched the egg bobbing around on the water. Mike set up the walkie while Eleven stripped of her socks and placed the duck-taped goggles over her eyes. Joyce and Yelena steadied her into the pool and she laid down slowly, feeling relieved when she floated. The group watched her curiously for a while until she began speaking quite inaudibly.

"Barb. Barbara." She muttered a little louder, catching Nancy's attention particularly.

"Is Barb okay?" Nancy questioned when Eleven began breathing quite rapidly. "Is she okay?!"

"Gone. Gone. Gone!" El repeated over and over. Yelena gulped nervously and placed a comforting hand on Nancy's shoulder. El calmed a little when Joyce stroked her arm and whispered soothing things to her.

"It's okay. I've got you." She cooed.

"Will?" Eleven murmured, making Joyce gasp and Jonathan sit up straighter.

"T-tell him I'm coming. Tell him m-mommy's coming for him." Joyce stammered. Yelena jumped slightly when the walkie let out a sound behind her.

"Hurry." Will's croaking voice came through.

"Черт возьми (Holy shit)." Yelena whispered to herself.

"Tell him to s-stay where he is. W-we're coming, okay? We're coming." Joyce said. Eleven's slightly panicked voice then came through the walkie and she frantically sat up, pulling the goggles off and shivering into Joyce's embrace.