0.24 > THE LOST SISTER

-EXPEDITION-

-
EXPEDITION
-

THE BABY DEMOGORGON trio trudged along the train tracks, tossing raw meat onto the floor as a trail that Dart would follow. Dustin was exposing to Yelena and Steve why he'd even kept Dart in the first place - to impress a girl. And to say Steve and Yelena had a lot of questions was about understatement.

"Alright, so let me get this straight," Steve started, tossing some of the meat onto the floor. "You kept something you knew was probably dangerous in order to impress a girl, who... who you just met?" He asked.

"Alright, that's grossly oversimplifying things." Dustin replied.

"I mean, why would a girl like some nasty slug anyway?" Steve questioned.

"An interdimensional slug? Because it's awesome." Dustin responded.

"Maybe a slug is not awesome. Maybe like a, uh, an interdimensional... hedgehog, or something." Yelena suggested.

"Hedgehog?" Steve questioned.

"Yeah, they're cute." Yelena shrugged. "Perhaps not a slug though, Dustin."

"Yeah, I mean, even if she thought it was cool, which she didn't, uh, I just... I don't know, I just feel like you're trying way too hard, man." Steve admitted.

"Well not everyone can have your perfect hair, alright?" Dustin scoffed.

"It's not about the hair, man." Steve said and Yelena raised an eyebrow.

Back in his 'being an asshole' stage, it was definitely about the hair. His name was, after all, Steve 'the hair' Harrington. It was either that or... something else was packing.

"They key with girls is just... just acting like you don't care." Steve said and Yelena pursed her lips, trying to hold back laughter.

"Even if you do?" Dustin asked.

"Yeah, exactly. It drives them nuts." Steve replied.

"Okay, Dustin," Yelena interrupted. "Ignore everything that just came out of his mouth. Every word." She said.

"Uh, no, don't ignore my wise advice. Take it from someone who-"

"Who has had a million girlfriends?" Yelena snickered.

"Exactly." Steve said.

"The kid isn't after a million girlfriends, Harrington. He's after one. One at a time. One to keep." Yelena said. "And this 'acting like you don't care'," She mimicked him. "will not work."