The Spy

It was getting dark and the car was silent except for the music coming from the radio. "So, how big is this thing exactly?" Steve spoke. "First it was like that. Now he's like this." Dustin said, using hand gestures. "I swear to God, man, it's just some little lizard, okay?" Steve wasn't convinced. "It's not a lizard." Dustin argued. "How do you know? How do you know it's not just a lizard?" Steve protested.

"Because, his face opened up and he ate my cat!" Dustin said, it sounded like a weight had been lifted off of him. Those words caused Steve to shut up. "Mews? He was so sweet." I said. Dustin turned around and gave me a small smile.

We arrived at Dustin's house, Steve took out his bat. Memories of that night in the Byers house flooded in.

Steve walked towards a door on the floor. "I don't hear shit." He said. "He's in there." Dustin assured Steve. Steve banged on the door with his bat before turning to Dustin, shining the light right in his eyes.

"Look kid, I swear if this is some sort of Halloween prank." "It's not! And get that thing out of my face." Dustin said annoyed by the light.

"Do you have a key for this thing?" I asked bending down looking at the lock.

~♤~

Steve opened the door and shone a torch in the room. "I'll stay up here, incase he tries to escape." Steve gave Dustin a look. "You should stay here too y/n." Steve looked at me, I nodded. "Be careful!" I said as I watched Steve go down the stairs.

*Steve's POV*

I walked down the stairs, shinning the light around. I found a light with a chain on it and pulled it, causing light to kind of fill the room. "Find anything?" I heard a voice behind me causing me to jump. "Jesus! You nearly scared the shit out of me y/n!" "Sorry! You were talking forever!" She defended. I noticed something It looked like plastic covered in goo. I picked it up with my bat.

"Steve? Y/n?" Dustin asked. I walked up the stairs and shone the torch in his eyes again. "Get down here." I showed Dustin the stuff I assumed was skin.

"Uhh...guys." I heard y/n say. God her voice was so relaxing. I snapped out of it and walked towards her.

She stood looking through a hole in the wall.

~○~

*Y/n POV*

The next morning we met up at Dustin's house, Steve had gotten some gasoline while Dustin had got meat and I got the gloves. We were driving to a abandoned railway to lead dart to the old junkyard.

When we arrived, we put on our gear and took out our supplies. I was helping Steve throw meet on the tracks while Dustin tried to get hold of his friends.

"Well, well, well look who it is." I heard him say. I walked a head of him. "Just meet me, y/n and Steve at the old junkyard." I heard Dustin from behind me.

We walked for a bit throwing the meat down every once and a while.

~◇~

"All right, so let me get this straight." Steve broke the silence. "You kept something you knew was probably dangerous in order to impress a girl who...who you just met?" I was walking slowly behind them taking in the scenery.

"All right, that's grossly oversimplifying things." Dustin defended himself, "I mean, why would a girl like some nasty slug anyway?" Steve continued his rant. "An interdimensional slug? Because it's awesome." Dustin said.

"Well, even if she thought it was cool, which she didn't, I... I just...I don't know. I just feel like you're trying too hard." Steve said.

"Well, not everyone can have
your perfect hair, all right?" Dustin looked down to his shoes