The Gate

"El?" Mike and I said together as we rushed over to her.

I knelt down and looked at her face, she wore dark makeup around her eyes and had slick back hair. "Oh my God, where have you been?! I wrote everyday for-" "535 days, same as Mike." El said. I moved out the way so that Mike could get a moment with El. "Why didn't you tell me that you were there, that you were okay." Mike asked, I wanted to know too. "I didn't let her." Hopper spoke up.

*Hopper's POV*

"What?" I heard Mike say. I knew he would get mad but y/n...she was something else. "WHAT!?" She said as she approached me clutching her fists, her eyes glowing red and her hair started to float a little bit with red mist around it.

"You've been hiding her this whole time!" She yelled at me. "Hey!" I said grabbing her arm. "Let's talk. Alone." She followed me to her bedroom, "I was protecting her." I said closing the door.

"Protecting her! Protecting her?" Y/n was livid, "Listen. Listen to me. The more people know about her, the more danger she's in. And the more danger you and your family are in..." "She is my family! I have no one else!" She said, tears threatening to spill out. "So I should be thanking you?" She asked. "I'm not asking you to thank me! I'm asking you to try to understand."

"I don't! I don't understand!" She said waving her arms around. "That's fine. That's fine! Just do not blame her! All right? She's upset enough as it is." I argued. "I don't blame her! I blame you! I blame you!" She said poking me in the chest. "That's okay, kid. That's okay."

"No! Nothing about this is okay! Nothing about this is okay! You kept her from me all this time! You know how much I've missed her!" Y/n was upset. "You're a stupid, disgusting, lying piece of shit!" She said punching me in the stomach. I grabbed onto her and held her,Okay. All right! Stop it."Liar! Liar! Liar!" She said wiggling around. "Stop it. It's okay." "Liar! Liar!" She gave up and started crying. "You're okay, kid. You're okay. I'm sorry, kid." I said rubbing her back. I felt her relax, I looked down at her only to find her eyes closed, she was asleep.

I picked her up and placed her on her bed before closing the door.

~●~

"It's not like it was before. It's grown." I said as we all surrounded th dinning table. "A lot. And, I mean, that's considering we can get in there. The place is crawling with those dogs." I continued. "Demo-dogs." Dustin corrected me. "I'm sorry, what?" I said looking at him annoyed. "I said, uh, Demo-dogs. Like Demogorgon and dogs. You put them together, it sounds pretty badass-" "How is this important right now?" I cut him off. "It's not. I'm sorry."

"I can do it." El spoke up, I looked at her worried. "You're not hearing me." I protested. "I'm hearing you. I can do it." She stated.

"Even if El can, there's still another problem. If the brain dies, the body dies." Mike said. "I thought that was the whole point." A gurl with red hair spoke. "It is, but if we're really right about this...I mean, if El closes the gate and kills the mind flayer's army-" Mike explained before being cut off by Lucas, "Will's a part of that army." "Closing the gate will kill him."

"He likes it cold." Joyce said Entering Will's room. "What?" I asked. "It's what Will kept saying to me. He likes it cold.We keep giving it what it wants." Joyce said closing a window. "If this is a virus, and Will's the host, then..." Nancy started. "Then we need to makethe host uninhabitable." Jonathan finished. "So if he likes it cold." "We need to burn it out of him." "We have to do it somewhere
he doesn't know this time." Mike spoke up." "Yeah, somewhere far away." Dustin stated.

We all split up, I took El to the lab, Joyce Jonathan and Nancy went to my cabin while Steve stayed with he kids and y/n.

*Y/n's POV*
I woke up and went into the living room "It should fit now." I heard Dustin say as I entered the kitchen leaning against the doorway. "Is this really necessary?" Steve asked, as he held a Demo-dog in a blanket. "Yes, it is, okay? This is a ground-breaking scientific discovery. We can't just bury it like some common mammal, okay? It's not a dog." Dustin argued. "All right, all right, all right. But you're explaining this to Mrs. Byers, all right?" Steve said lifting the blanket into the freezer. "Christ. Help me out." "What am I supposed to do?", I Sighed and flicked my wrist. The blanket lifted out of Steve's arms and into the freezer.

The boys turned around and stared at me, "Take a picture it'll last longer." I said walking off. I went over to Max who explained what was happening. 

"Mike, would you just stop already?" I heard Lucas say. "You weren't in there, okay, Lucas?" Mike snapped back, "That lab is swarming with hundreds of those dogs." "Demo-dogs!" Dustin corrected. "The chief will take care of her." "Like she needs protection."

"Listen, dude, a coachcalls a play in a game, bottom line, you execute it. All right?" Steve said walking into the living room. "Okay, first of all, this isn't some stupid sports game. And second, we're not even in the game. We're on the bench." Mike shot back. "So my point is...Right, yeah, we're on the bench,
so, uh, there's nothing we can do." Steve stammered, while he swung a kitchen towel over his shoulder. "That's not entirely true. I mean, these Demo-dogs, they have a hive mind. When they ran away from the bus, they were called away." Dustin said from behind Steve. "If we get their attention-" "Maybe we can draw them from the lab." Lucas and Max spoke. "Clear a path to the gate." Mike's eyes widened.

"Yeah, and then we all die." Steve said. "That's one point of view." Dustin and I spoke together. "No, that's not a point of
view, man. That's a fact." Steve looked at Dustin.

"I got it!" Mike said walking towards Will's room. "This is where the chief dug his hole. This is our way into the tunnel. So..." Mike bent down before getting back up. "Here, right here. This is like a hub. So you got all the tunnels feeding in here." Mike said standing in the middle of the house.

"Maybe if we set this on fire..." I said, "Oh, yeah? That's a no." Steve protested. "The mind flayer would call away his army." "They'd all come to stop us." "We circle back to the exit." "By the time they realize we're gone..." "El would be at the gate." I said finishing off our plan.

"Hey. Hey! Hey! This is not happening." Steve said, "But..." Mike tried to argue.
"No, no, no, no, no.No buts. I promised I'd keep you shitheads safe, and that's exactly what I plan on." "Yeah but you're hear to keep the kids safe not me, so I can do it."  No! We're ALL staying here. On the bench." Steve said, "And we're waiting for the starting team to do their job. Does everybody understand?"

"This isn't a stupid sports game." Mike mumbled "I said does everybody understand that? I need a yes." Steve said taking the kitchen towel and waving it at us.

Before any of us could respond we heard a engine revving.