Not So Great Night

It was time for the Yule Ball and I felt awful. So much happened with Hermione and Ron that had no idea about. How has Ron fought with everybody this year? From what I also understand Harry isn't doing the best either.

"I'm sorry I wasn't there Hermione,"I told her as she was curling her hair. "It's okay. I'm just glad you feel better now," She replied. I nodded and got to brushing mine. I knew Remus sent me a dress, and my friends have been in charge of hiding it. Remus has never picked out my clothes. I would go to second hand stores and was given a price limit. I would get to pick out any clothes there.

"I'll get you your dress now,"Ginny said. I was nervous until she pulled it out it. I loved it. It was simple and classy. There was no fancy lace or glitter. It was soft and silky. I unfolded it and found a note from him.

I hope you like it.I know you hate flashy things.I know you'll look amazing.
-Uncle Remus

I smiled and Hermione slipped it on me to avoid messing up my hair and makeup. Ginny did the same for her. We looked at each other and headed towards the corridor.

 We looked at each other and headed towards the corridor

I made it by the dance hall and there was Fred. Everything about him was perfect. His hair was brushed back, and his dress robes were dashing. He spotted me and grinned before coming down and taking my hand.

"You look breath taking love,"He whispered before kissing my forehead. He brushed a lock of hair behind my ear and took my hand to lead me down the stair case.

It was nerve wracking to see every eye on me. There's ready so much exposed. I cannot afford to mess anything else up.

I felt Fred pull me closer and breathed a sigh of relief. "I've got you Y/N,"He whispered. I looked up at him and smiled.

I was relieved when the end of the dance came and Fred and I were narrating what people were thinking. So far Malfoy wants to dance with his father. We laughed at Harry's dancing before he came over and started moping around with Ron. The girls were not very happy about not being able to dance. I excused myself and started walking towards them. I called Harry up, and he looked like a kid in trouble.

"Go dance with her. She looks upset. I know you wanted to go with Cho but they deserve a nice night. Go tell Ron too,"I lectured. He nodded before heading back towards them.

"Can we dance now?"Fred asked hugging me from behind. I nodded and we headed to the dance floor. It was a upbeat song. Fred spun me around and I almost knocked a girl down.

"Real smooth,"I laughed. He just shrugged, and we continued dancing.

I was having a good time until I saw Hermione crying. I had a choice and my friend needs me.

"I love you Fred, but Hermione looks upset,"I reasoned. His face dropped, and I felt bad. He shut down before telling me I should go. I tried to kiss his cheek but he just he left.

Hermione took a minute to find, but I found her in a classroom. I knocked, and she looked up. I sat by her, and she started sobbing. I let her cry until she told me how Ron treated her. She vented for a while and I listened. After a bit she calmed down and walked her back to her dorm.