Chapter 10:

Zoë cried all night. I slipped out of her room when she fell asleep. I hurt for her, I may not know what she is going through but I can at least help her. I did a lot of thinking while I waited for her to fall asleep. I know for sure that I will not leave her, never in a million years; nothing can change that. I stepped outside and the December air hit me. I took a deep breath, I pulled my jacket tighter around me; fresh air is what I need. I stood there for a few more minutes before going back into the quiet house. Sarah stayed with her friends again and Stacey was working overnight. I swear that women can't get a break. I went back to Zoë's room and climbed into bed, pulling her close. It didn't take me long to fall asleep.

***

I woke up without Jace next to me. I sat up and stretched.

"Good morning, love." Jace said coming into my room. He was holding a little white bag. He smiled that amazing smile.

"I got you something."

"What?"

He pulled out a bottle of pills.

"These will help you with your morning sickness, it won't stop it completely but it will control most of it. You just take one a day."

"Thank you!"

"It will help you get through school. Do not take them on an empty stomach."

He left the room and came back a minute later with a box of donuts.

"Thank you so much!"

"You're welcome." He kissed me, my heart always fluttered when his lips touched mine.

After eating, Jace left me alone so I could get ready. I went to the bathroom and braided my hair. My contacts finally came so I was relieved to finally ditch these glasses again. I put in my contacts and put on a little bit of make-up. I headed back to my room; I looked through my closet for about five minutes before deciding what to wear. I got out a black pair of skinny jeans and a pullover. Before putting on my pullover I looked at my arms. "Perfect" didn't scar as much so it wasn't too visible. "Freak" though was going to be hard to hide. I pulled on my jumper and covered my hands with my sleeve. I put on my converse and went downstairs.

"I got your bag." Jace said.

"Thank you."

We headed out of the house.

***

"Where were you Friday?" Dylan asked me on the way to history.

"I was sick all weekend."

"Do you feel better?"

"Yeah, a little."

"That's good."

We walked into class and I handed Alex my last assignment.

"I hope you are feeling better." He said. His eyes met mine but or only a second.

"Not really." I said. "I'm not going to for a while."

"Dylan will help you get caught up." He said, ignoring my comment.

I turned and went to my seat. Dylan gave me the assignment from Friday.

***

I got halfway to the cafeteria; the smell hit me and I ran to the bathroom. I did so well today, not one bathroom trip. This is going to get old fast.

"Zoë. Are you okay?" Dylan said, knocking on my stall.

I opened it and walked to the sink; I rinsed my mouth out and turned to her.