Chapter 15:

"Jace, Zoë yelled. "You're such a dick!"

I backed away.

"Lou...I'm so sorry!" I stuttered.

He glared at me, his hand rubbing his jaw.

"Jace, go away," Zoë said through her teeth.

I took a few steps back before leaving the kitchen. I went up to my room and slammed the door. I can't believe I did that.

***

I'm so sorry." I said getting an ice pack out of the freezer.

"No it's fine, are you okay?"

"I don't know." I burst into tears. "I love him so much, I just don't understand."

"Shh, it's okay." Louis put his arms around me tightly and I cried against his chest.

"I'm so sorry." I said, wiping my eyes. "I'm a mess,"

"You're a beautiful mess." He said smiling. "You're fine. I've seen worse."

I laughed, It felt good.

"Let's go to work." He said.

I grabbed the drinks and followed him out of the kitchen.

~~~

All I could hear was Louis and Zoë laughing which just made me angrier. I couldn't stand it; I got up, packed a bag and left the room. I can't be here a minute longer. I walked past them without being noticed. They were sitting a little too close for my comfort. Louis said something and Zoë threw her head back with laughter. I left the house and got in my car. I grabbed my phone and dialed James's number.

"J, I'm coming over." I said on the phone.

"I'm guessing it didn't go well?"

"I... um... punched Louis." I said quietly.

"Louis? What?"

"I'll explain when I get there."

"Okay, see you soon."

I hung up and tossed my phone on the seat beside me. I put both hands on the wheel and kept driving.

***

"Thank you for helping me and I'm sorry about the breakdown."

"No problem." He smiled, his blue eyes sparkling. "You can come to me for anything, always. I will listen."

"I'll remember that." I said hugging him.

"Good." He smiled again before turning to leave.

"See you tomorrow." I said before closing the door.

I walked into the empty house, feeling alone again. My heart hurt and the tears started falling once again. I love him but I hate him. I don't want to lose him but I don't know if I can ever trust him again. I curled up on the sofa and closed my eyes.

~~~

"You punched Louis!" James said. "What was he doing there?"

"He was helping Zoë with school work I guess. I think he was there just to piss me off. He got in the way when I was trying to talk to Zoë. She most likely hates me even more."

"You punched her best friend." James said.

"I know! I couldn't help it. It just sort of happened, I wasn't thinking. He put his nose where it shouldn't have been."

James sighed and sat down.

"What now?" He asked.

"Can I stay here for a few days? I have a bag in the car. I can't be at the house not now at least until she calms down then maybe I can talk to her."