Epilogue

It's been a year since I got out of rehab, a year since Mattie got out of the hospital and today, I was marrying my soulmate and best friend. I stood in my dress which fell to the floor. My maid of honor appeared next to me in the mirror.

"He's going to fall in love with you all over again." Dylan said smiling. "Like he does every day."

I smiled at her, a tear rolling down my cheek.

"No, time for that." Diana said. "You will mess up my paint job."

"Sorry, I just can't believe this is all happening." I said. "I just wish Britney could be here, you know? She's a part of the reason I'm still here, I would like for her to spend the day with us as well."

I got a letter from Britney saying she couldn't get out early and that she was sorry. I'm disappointed but I understand.

"You know she would be here if she could, love." Dylan said

"I know." I said softly.

"They are almost ready." Mom said, coming into the room.

I turned to her and she smiled widely, tears in her eyes.

"My baby, you look so amazing."

I smiled.

"You really think so?" I asked.

"Of course mothers know best!" She said, "I have something for you."

She brought out a silver jeweled butterfly hair comb. She wore it at her wedding with Mark at the end of the summer. I could never be happier for her, he's a great man. She put the comb in my hair and she smiled.

"Now you're ready."

The wedding was being held at a small church. It was all decorated so beautifully.

~~~

Louis fixed my tie as I took a breath.

"You can do this." My best man said.

I smiled at him. "I really hope so. I feel like my knees are going to give out from under me at any time."

"Just breathe, J."

I took a deep breath and made my way to the altar. The music started and the bridesmaid made their way down, they all looked so stunning. My little sister who stood behind the maid of honor looked all grown up. Any time now my future will be heading toward me. The doors reopened. Louis softly patted me on the back. Zoë appeared and my breath caught in my throat. I was amazed at the sight. I didn't think she could get any more beautiful, in fact I can't even describe how she looks. She made her way toward me, our eyes not leaving each other's. My heart pounded.

***

My heart pounded in my chest as I made my way up to the rest of my life. He looked incredible, more than incredible. I didn't know that was possible. He took my hand, helping me up the steps. There were only two or three. I handed Dylan my bouquet and turned to Jace, he took my other hand in his. I knew my hands were trembling.

"I love you." He mouthed.

"I love you too."

His eyes peered at mine. They didn't leave mine as the pastor started speaking.

"We are gathered here today, on this happy and joyous occasion, to join this man and women in holy matrimony. Who here is giving the bride to the groom?"

"We do." Mom said, standing up with Mark.

"Good. Who is giving this man to this woman?"

"I am." Jace's dad stood up and I smiled. Jace and his dad worked out their problems and he has been around a lot more for him and Sarah. He has a good job and he completely stopped drinking. I'm very happy for them.