Chapter 16:

Another day of school over, I was actually glad. I have to meet with Mr. B and work on Beauty Bombshell's song for the talent show. I was actually excited about it. I at least had something to keep my mind off of Jace even if it's only for an hour.

"Thank you for seeing me." I said.

"No problem." He said smiling. "I'm glad I can help."

I sat next to him at the piano.

"I've already played through it a few times so I know what we are working with. So I will be able to help you alot if needed. There is a challenging note that I know you can do so I'm not worried but we will work on that a few times to make sure you can get it."

"Okay."

"Now I will play it first so you can follow along and then the second time you will sing. I'm really impressed that you girls wrote this."

"Thanks." I couldn't help but smile.

"Okay, let's get started."

We only had to play my parts so it was a little bit choppy but it wasn't too hard to learn. There was even a note that I didn't even know I could hit.

"Great job!" Mr. B said. "Let's go over that high note one more time."

"Okay. I'm going to stand up for it."

"Good idea." He said grinning.

He started playing and I took a breath.

"I know you like to play this game...but I'm running out of time... It's like I lost myself because you are the one but I know what you've done. My poor heart is undone. Baby, please...." I let out a breath.

"Nailed it!" Mr. B said high fiving me. "That was incredible! You learn so quickly. This is going to be great. I can't wait to hear the whole thing."

"Thank you so much." I said smiling.

"If you girls need any help, you know where I am. I will gladly listen and give you tips if you need any"

"I will let them know." I said. "See you tomorrow."

"Have a great night."

"You too."

I turned and left. I went to my locker to get my bag. I was really excited for the talent show now.

"Zoë?"

I turned only to come face to face with Alex. I closed my locker and turned to leave.

"No, Please."

"What are you doing here?"

"I heard the news, is it true? Did we lose the baby?"

I sighed. "Yes."

"Oh, I'm so sorry you had to go through that. If only I knew sooner."

"Don't. There is nothing that can be done now. Can I please go?"

"Wait a second." He grabbed my hand. "I want to apologize for how I treated you. You didn't deserve that. I know that this won't change anything, I just wanted you to know."

He let go of my hand. I really didn't know what to say.

"Thank you." I finally said. "And you're right nothing has changed."

He tucked a strand of loose hair behind my ear. His fingers grazed my cheek, I shivered at his touch.

"If you need anything, I'm here for you."

That being said he turned and left, leaving me speechless.

~~~

I walked into the school, hoping to find Zoë here. I knew she had to stay after school but I'm hoping I'm not too late. I turned the corner and stopped. My heart started pounding at the site of Alex. He was talking to Zoë.