best stepdad prologue (pt 2)(request)

thank you for the request prettylittlelairs-AD

----------------------------------------------------------

I turned to look at Joseph, who was anxiously seated in the passenger seat; today my daughter Ashley who was just seven months old was going to meet him.

I told Joseph "Joey everything will be alright."

"What if she hates me?" He muttered.

I assured him, "she'll love you just as much as I do."

He put his hand on my thigh and gave it a little squeeze while grinning.

I was worried about this as well; if Ash doesn't feel comfortable with him, I know I can't stay with Joseph, which hurts, but I prioritise her over everyone and everything. Opening the garage door, parked inside, and then closing it.

We both moved out of the door and made our way to the door opening it, Mum was looking after Ash for the day. She was aware of our shared anxiety.

Mum called, "Honey,"

My mother and Ash played on the couch when I hummed and entered the living room.

I said, "Hello, Mum," and walked over to the couch. "Hello, Ash," I whispered in a baby voice as I picked her up and held her close.

I approached Joseph while still carrying Ash as my mother greeted him and gave him a hug.

"This is Joseph, baby," In my baby voice, I showed her Joe.

"Nice to meet you, Ashley," he greeted the girl in my arms with a huge smile on his face.

"Would you like to hold her?" I query

"Of course," he replied, grinning.

He lifted my kid off of me and began to sway her slightly in his arms as I stepped closer to him and gave him to her.

Mum said, "Honey, I have to go home but I'll call you tonight."

I gave her a final hug and whispered, "Thank you, Mum," before leading her out the door.I heard soft giggling as I walked back.

As I walked back I heard quiet giggles coming from the living room, once I reached the room I saw my boyfriend making silly faces with Ash. A huge smile spread across my face.

I moved in front of him and said, "she likes you."

"You think so?", he questioned.

I told him, "I've never seen her grin or laugh as much as when she's with you."

He smiled.

--------------------------------------------------------

I hope you enjoyed this oneshot

please request

-A