The Door Has Been Left Open

Sandwich, Massachusetts

Lindsey was sleeping in her bed. The air conditioning was on full blast, ridding the high humidity from her room. She had a dream of winning first place in a beauty pageant.

Unbeknownst to her, a burglar crept into her house, due to the door being left open, and not locked. It was pretty careless on Lindsey's part. She didn't even have an alarm system to scare any burglars away.

The burglar stole a lot of valuable antiques. He stole her grandfather clock, her expensive necklace, and her engagement ring, given to her by her boyfriend. The burglar got what he needed, and quickly drove off in his white Ford van with a Massachusetts license plate on it.

Morning came at last. The sunrise was beautiful over the beautiful waters of Cape Cod. Lindsey woke up, with a heavy yawn, and got up from her bed. Little did she know, she was in for a rude awakening.

"I been robbed!" she bellowed. Then she noticed she forgot to lock the door. Lindsey felt so distraught over the loss o of her stolen goods. She was also mad at herself for leaving the door open.

"I'm such an idiot."

This story was written on Monday, August 1st, 2022.

A/N Lindsey should have made sure her door was locked! Otherwise, this wouldn't have happened! It was pretty careless and irresponsible on her part! 🙄 Don't be a silent reader. Please leave feedback. Thanks.