25. All right! Move left!

Antony Faelliyo

Kulwant seemed trustworthy. He seemed like he was having Nathalia's interests also in mind rather than what NIRDESH wants. Trying to reason with them seemed to be impossible right now. Dr. Mohan seemed to have ulterior motives and I can't blame him for that. Human beings are overly enthusiastic over any evidence of extraterrestrial.

Kulwant had said something about jamming the communication. The problem with the way he is thinking is that, he is over confident on fooling a building full of intellectuals with a jamming plan. I am pretty sure we could host a sandwich tea party with that idea than actually fooling them.

Kulwant also mentioned he would go to the hospital to escort her. I did not fancy them putting her in a cage, but what matters the most at this time is to find a way out; even if it means being fugitives ourselves. The buzz is all about Nathalia and sneaking her out is going to cause a global uproar. If her disappearance was not up to the hype she built, I will personally make her pay for causing this much heartache and anxiety we all had.

I didn't have access to the basement levels. So, I took a break at the beach. Last time I came to Calicut, Tommy and Alicia was with me and they had enjoyed their day on this very beach.

Tommy. Yes, my boy is alive. I am glad he is. It is bittersweet though. I missed out on so much and he is not next to me. Judging by how Nathalia looked, when she was anticipating to hear his voice, I guess he has grown mature and independent. That makes me really happy.

The sea seems disturbed. The turbulence caused too much moisture in the sir. The sky was constantly grey. Of course, it is June. It is monsoon in India. It could rain at anytime now. Maybe that's why not many have come to enjoy the beach today. Those that were present were insane enough to be pelted by a horde of prickly droplets that the sky will assault with any time now, and also the occasional reporter looking for a breakthrough.

After a good period of staring at the turbulent waters, I found a very plausible idea. I took out my phone out to open the forecast app. I had seen a news report that Calicut could be on red alert because of an approaching cyclone. The perfect distraction for smuggling a suspected alien. There could also be power failure that can help in the so called "jamming" operation. I should ask Kulwant to damage the generators. Also, we should stall them from investigating her before nature unfolds her chaos.

Just then a white van arrived. Most probably equipped with restrains courtesy of ISRO. I rushed towards the building just in time for them to unload Nathalia. I was expecting to meet her glance but the condition I found her in was disheartening. She was drugged, so that they could avoid "hostile behaviors" during the transport. Kulwant was flailing his arms wildly, trying to at least get her out as humanly as possible. But I guess he was not in a position to command the ones handling her.

I somehow managed to get Kulwant to look at me. He mouthed a 'sorry' and I nodded, gesturing that it couldn't be helped. He must have got the message. I mouthed 'meet me' and he nodded. After they had taken her out of the van successfully, they carried her to the basement levels. I had started walking inside the building when the rain started pouring down. Perfect timing, I thought. Maybe Mother Earth was with us. Maybe she is helping in the rescue mission.

I met up with Kulwant shortly after that. He gave me a pass, that gave me access to the basement levels. As he gave the pass, I whispered, "Stall the investigation as much as possible. We need the flood to kick in and sabotage the generators."

He looked at me. After a few seconds of comprehending, his face grew a smirk. I took it as a green light. Kulwant said," Nathalia has been safely secured in the holding cell. She will be awake within forty-eight hours. Dr. Mohan has arranged for both of us to first interrogate her as she is familiar with us."