19. Meeting Tommy

Tony

I hear gears changing, metal scraping each other. I look around. Darkness. I am lying down on something metallic. My hands are tied up. I wanted to scream, but at that moment, something changed. 

 I was in my bedroom, Hamlet by my side. I get out of my room and rush downstairs to find my mom smiling at me while arranging the cushions of the sofa. 

My mom wore a beautiful white shirt and turquoise pleated skirt. She had her beautiful blonde hair in a bun and the smile which had the cutest dimple was directed towards me. 

" Ah Tommy, Good morning, dear. Run to the kitchen and have something before you go and disturb your father in the workshop."

"Good morning mom" I kissed her on the cheek and rushed into the kitchen where Mrs. Ahima has made a plate of pancakes and honey for me. Mrs. Ahima wore her usual attire of the black pinafore over a white shirt and the white apron around her waist.

"Good morning, Mrs. Ahima. Mm... these look delicious."

"Good morning, dear. Professor asked you to be there at ten. He wants to give a quick orientation before the big reveal tomorrow." Mrs. Ahima chimed.

I smiled. 

Suddenly, everything vanished around me. 

I found myself in that same darkness. Hands restrained. What was that about? 

Yes. I remember.

I am Tommy Faelliyo. And that was a memory.

My head hurt pretty badly now. A sudden bolt of pain shot and then in a flash, I was standing in my dad's workshop. It was this huge, wide basement which was converted into a lab for my dad's experiments.

A year ago, Mr. Avra agreed with my dad to make a spaceship that could travel through a wormhole. Well, dad was fascinated by this idea of wormholes, parallel universes, time travel and all that stuff. He came up with an equation and he did code a programme that could take any traveller fifty thousand lightyears in that ship through a wormhole.

Dad wore a white shirt and blue pants, complimenting mom. His spectacles covered his eyes, which held a glint of delighted happiness for making something grandeur. The sense of warmth from just seeing him explain something so profound to me made me want to stay there and listen to him a little bit longer.

Dad was going to present his new creation tomorrow. I was the one who will give the introductory speech as I welcome my dad to prove his thesis. After the orientation, I went back to my room to finish reading my book. 

The darkness returned but my hands were not restrained. My head felt like someone was hammering nails into it with a huge hammer.

The scene changed. I was in my room searching for the papers that dad gave me to present tomorrow. I take Hamlet in my hands and run towards the basement. 

I searched for those bloody papers and I found it inside the spaceship. 

The spaceship was huge. It was streamlined like a fish, thin at the front and back, wide in the middle. It had 'WORMHOLE TRANSPORTER', written in red. The spaceship had a wide storage space and a two-pilot front console.  The ship was open. I got inside the front seat and tried reaching out for the paper in the back. 

My leg hits a button and all of a sudden, the doors of the space ship started closing. The basement ceiling opened up to initiate launch.

No way! This was not supposed to happen. I look at the control panel and find two buttons, one is red and the other green.