first day

at 5:00 my alarm went off, i quickly hit snooze and rolled over.

i know my dad has already left for work & my mom was about to leave.

i heard my door open, "good morning katie! good morning kendall! good morning korbin! todays going to be a good day! get up get moving! i have your lunchboxs packed downstairs with snacks. good luck triplets, i love you so much." our mom said loudly.

"bye mom." kendall groaned

i connected my phone to my tv to play music, i hit shuffle & boyfriend my big time rush came on.

"katie!" korbin yelled, so i turned it up.

i got up, and started getting ready.

i put on a tshirt & some mens swims shorts that i roll up, with socks & birkenstocks. style.

-

once at the rink, i checked myself in my mirror before i left my car.

korbin came up to my window, "dont be nervous, be the same katie that played for team illinois please."

"i will. love yall have fun! hey text the group chat if yall get out before me." i said.

i turned my car off and got out.

grabbed my bag from the back and walked to the door, with the twins.

"names?" the guy asked

"katie reid." i said and he checked me off and directed me to the locker room.

i did a little hand shake with the boys before walking away.

i got to the door, taking a deep breath in before opening the door to a new world.

"katie." coach richter said

"hey coach."

"your locker is over there." he pointed "just take a seat for now and we will get started soon."

there were only like 14 girls in here right now, and i believe theres 22 on the team.

i looked around the locker room, realizing i look nothing like these girls.

they all had long hair, with matching nike shorts & shirts on. a few had lululemon on with air forces or nice shoes.

i had short, curly hair, & im dressed as a boy, with birkenstocks on of course.

after like 10 minutes the locker room filled up, and coach stone got the girls attention, "okay everyone listen up. first practice, congratulations we are close to playing hockey! starting monday is development week, it will run through saturday, were gonna be building a healthy team atmosphere, were gonna do lots of team bonding, & we will learn how to play with each other. this week will be taken easy at times & full speed at the others. let me say, something new this year, i do recommend sleepovers this week in this very facility. it is encouraged, for the team bonding we want to have. please bring air mattresses & blankets & pillows, clothing, all your bathroom needs & everything else in between. now you do not have to sleep here, but we will be having early mornings, late nights, & some afternoon naps, as well as field trips. right now we will be going around the room, introducing yourself, say your name, what teams youve played for, and what school you attend, and anything else you want us to know what you."

the coaches went first, then around the locker room we went.

i was at the end of the circle of lockers, and i was nervous to say the least, but i remember what korbin told me at the car, to be myself, be illinois katie.