camp.

it took 2 trips to my car to get my things & i still had a few things to grab later.

coaches came in, giving order to the chaotic locker room, "ladies follow me please."

we followed her around the facility to a meeting room.

"tonight, you will all be in here. tuesday night, all in here. wednesday night we move to different rooms depending on what you play. thursday night we draw names to see where you sleep. friday night were all back in here. go ahead and set up your mattresses and get your things in order. remember we need walking room in here."

the room was big, but was it 23 twin size air mattresses big? we moved our things from the locker room to the meeting room.

after an hour of blowing up mattresses and moving them around, we finally had a walk way and our beds set up.

i sat on mine, we were packed like sardines in the room. air mattresses from wall to wall.

i had molly to my left & kacey to my right.

"okay ladies, gear up & be on the ice in 20." stone said

we all rushed too the locker room and throw on our gear.

owen❤️‍🔥: have a good week at camp jo❤️‍🔥

i quickly put my pads on and walked out to the ice.

"take a knee." coach yelled

"welcome to development camp ladies! as coach stone said this week will be a lot of team building, team activities. so were playing trust me. everyone will be partnering up, and you will have to complete the obstacle course blindfolded by listening to your partner. goalies pads off."

i unclipped my pads and pushed them to the side of the rink as coach started calling out partners, "emily & katie."

"...now with your partner blindfolded, you must get them through the maize without touching them & without them touching something." coach explained

the bonding experience was stressful & im glad that its over.

-

(day 3. wednesday)

day 3 was an early wake up call, "good morning goalies! time to go for a run." the goal tending coach mike richter said

i sat up, staring at him.

"in 15 minutes meet me at the front door. or i'll double our run."

he left and i looked at my phone, "4am?" i said

"4 in the morning." molly said

"we gotta get ready." i said getting up.

i threw off my pjs and throw on the matching shirt & shorts we were given last night.

laced my shoes and walked out to coach.

it was still dark outside, he placed bands on us for drivers to see us running outside.

"alright lets go." he said.

i had no idea where we were running too but i didnt want too.

it was early the rest of the team was sleeping. and here we are running, outside, in the dark.

we followed coach through the parking lot, on the side of the street, on a trail, into a park, back onto the trail, ending at a bridge.

"coach. what was that for?" i said trying to catch my breathe.

"were here to watch the sunset." he answered

"we could of drove." molly said.

"lets go over here and sit." he said