all for the love.

"as you girls know next week is national hockey week, so this week we are filming lots of content to put out. this includes interviews, theres a list on the outside of the office door on what your interview will be about & if you are sharing the interview with someone, like katie has one with her brothers & her parents. you have a day to kinda prepare yourself for them."

-

i now sat in front of a camera with kendall to my left & korbin to my right, and our parents behind us

"so we have the reid triplets with us, oldest katie whos a goalie, middle korbin whos a left wing, & youngest kendall who plays as a defense. behind we have mom holly & dad daniel" coach said off camera, as we waved when she said our names

"so were talking about playing hockey with your siblings, but whats better than that is playing hockey with your triplet!" coach hyped up.

"so we are going to start with the boys, korbin whats it like playing with kendall for team usa?" coach asked

"oh man, its special. its fun getting to compete against him, but getting this opportunity to play along side him on the ice is amazing."

"what about you kendall?" coach asked

"just like korb said its an amazing opportunity, although i do miss getting to check him into the glass sometimes, just being there along side him on the ice & having similar jersey numbers is cool." kendall answered

"now, for katie, whats it like playing in the same organization as your younger brothers?"

"its so much fun. just having the opportunity to go through life together & experience playing for team usa at the same time, making history while doing so is great too."

"what drives you?"

"these two guys." i pointed at my brothers. "ive met girls who didnt play hockey or even sports because their brothers & parents say its a boys sport, so having 2 brothers who have always included me, encouraged me, and challenged me is big. when i heard that they were trying i out, i decided to also try out. i wouldn't be who i am without them."

"mom & dad, how? how did you make this work all these years?" coach laughed

"schedules, kendall & korbin were always on the same team so that made their schedule easy, but katie was kinda the lone wolf being on a different team. having them play for the same league helped. when they were young it was hard trying to move our work schedules around their practices & games & tournaments, but we always made it work." my mom said

"what been the hardest part of this journey?"

"moving. we planned on moving back to michigan when the kids were in college. but when the triplets made the NTDP it was very sudden that we were moving. we had to opportunity to be 10 minutes from the rink so we jumped at it. the move was very hard on the kids but they grew so much being here in this program."

"what advice do you have for other parents? on the cost, holidays spent apart, time at the rink, ect."

"it gets easier. the cost does not." mom laughed. "but were very fortunate that we were able to put 3 kids in sports, and give them that time to be kids but also teach them about themselves & how to push themselves. we made the decision to have them home schooled so that helped some. we spent hollidays at the rink, in the  car, weve spent a christmas with the boys in vancouver, as well as their birthday the boys were in vancouver, they're 17 but 18 years goes by fast so making the most of what we have together is big, as they got older it got harder. i remember seeing them at 10 sleeping in the stands in between games at tournaments, they sacrificed sleep & some friendships for the sport they love so much."