Chapter 4 - A Stubborn Negotiation

Kagami's POV

Ladybug: I'm Ladybug. I'm not necessarily the leader but I am sorta their care-taker. This guy is Viperion, the blondie is Queen Bee and she is Ryuko.

Batman: So, your powers. Explain how you managed to do the things you did.

Ladybug: I don't want to reveal too much of anything. We're all civilians under the mask. Our jewellery is what gives us our powers.

Nightwing: So, if I'm correct, then that'll be your earrings, the choker, the hairpin and the bracelet.

Ryuko: That's right. Each jewellery has their fair share of powers.

Viperion: I'm not sure if Ladybug wants to go into all the details. It's really up to her.

Ladybug: *sighs* Fine. The jewellery we wear is known as a 'Miraculous'. My miraculous is one of the first to be made and one of the most powerful. Mine, along with the Cat's which is what you saw last night. My miraculous grants the power of creation known as a 'Lucky Charm'. In addition to that, I'm also able to repair the damage done after a battle. The cat's miraculous is the power of destruction which is known as 'Cataclysm'.

Robin: So anything you touch will be instantly destroyed. Can I try it?

Red Hood/Red Robin: No!!

Robin: I didn't say on someone...

Viperion: Anyways... My miraculous is the snake's which grants the power of 'Second Chance' meaning I can go back in time as many times as I want.

Queen Bee: Mine is the Bee which allows me to immobilise my opponent with the touch of my weapon.

Ryuko: I'm in possession of the dragon miraculous which grants the power of the elements of storm. Aka, water, wind and lightning.

Ladybug: If we use our powers, then we only have five minutes until we transform back.

In addition to the miraculous, each piece of jewellery comes with its own kwami.

Red Robin: What's a..-

Ladybug: A kwami - as I was about to explain - is a magical being connected with these pieces of jewellery which helps the holder to transform into superheroes and give them their powers.

Batman: What do these kwamis look like?

I don't know but I honestly don't think we should be showing that much with them while we're still clueless about them. I walked up to Marinette and whispered, "Ladybug, I honestly don't think we should be showing off that much. Telling them about the kwamis is one thing, but showing kinda goes too far. I say we bargain with them for a bit." She looked down then sighed, "Well, go right ahead." I nodded.

Ryuko: Okay, my turn to ask the questions.

Robin: What could you possibly want to ask that you don't already know about us?

Ryuko: Well, for one thing, the technology.
Here's my proposal. We team up and we get a fair share of the tech. You see we're also doing our own little secret mission behind the scenes as well but since you and the commissioner are in cahoots together, that info you have might help us in our search to find what we're looking for.

Red Robin: The mission will decide whether or not you get to use the technology. What's the mission?

Ryuko: I wouldn't have called it a 'secret' mission for nothing.

Batman: What part of the technology would you like to use?

Viperion: We just want to look through some files dating about 4 to 5 years ago. We're looking for someone, that's all. Not a criminal, family.

Red Hood: Who's the family?

Queen Bee: As we said it's a secret. As far as I can tell, you need our help and powers whereas we need the tech. It's a win-win situation so I don't see what the problem is.

It's not like we're asking you to reveal things about yourself like you were to us so I suggest you go with what you're presented with now.

Chloe glared at them while Marinette just sat on the stairs watching it all unfold. I get that this is gonna be a hard choice but honestly. The Guardian is all we need to find, for Marinette's sake. We came with her to Gotham from Paris for a reason. They better be grateful, if they want the crime to stop in Gotham like it did in Paris thanks to us then they better suck it up.

"It's simple, you get our help and we get information. No harm, no foul." Marinette spoke out. She then got up and stood in front of them, "So you have now to make your decision or else we're leaving." There was silence until Marinette's bug-phone rang. She opened it and answered. Her eyes widened. She closed it, "Come on, we need to leave." She ran past the guys and we followed.

"H-Hey, where are you guys going!?" Red Hood yelled in question. Just then an alarm went off in the cave and the screen turned red. The Batfam went to check it out while we left the cave. "So what was that about?" "Alya called. There's trouble in Gotham."

~EssyMLBDC~