Chapter 13 - Falling

Kagami's POV

We made our way into the nearest sewers and followed behind Batman. Chloe kept gagging at everything she saw while Luka, Marinette and I chuckled. "We're almost near Killer Croc. but I lost the traces of Clay Face. Probably blended in with the sewer waters." Chloe froze in her spot as her face turned pale. "Crocodile...sewer waters...villain in sewage waters. I'm in hell.." she squeeked.

Luka threw her over his shoulders and we continued. We stopped and Marinette went to check out the situation. She jogged back to us, "Croc is up ahead. Remember he focuses on his sense of smell." Luka pulled Chloe down then sighed, "Then Queen Bee is gonna have to sit this one out because she took an extra dosage of perfume after work." he whispered. "Viperion, stay with her. Ryuko and I will advance forward with Batman."

Marinette and I joined up with the Batfam and waited for their signal. "Also remember that Clay Face could very well be here too. Be on guard." Batman reminded us. I couldn't help but feel spying eyes on us though. I didn't like it. Marinette aimed her yo-yo at Croc but I yelled, "Wait- Ladybug!!" An anonymous hand stretched out from under the water and grabbed her yo-yo.

Clay Face. He pulled on the yo-yo as Marinette tried to stand her ground but was swung into one of the walls of the sewer. "Thanks for the diversion, Croc." Clay Face thanked him. Killer Croc chuckled and rushed straight towards us. Damnit! We all dodged their combined attack and separated; The Batfam on Clay Face, while Mari, Luka and I were on Croc. Mari wrapped her yo-yo around her neck, holding him back while Luka and I were ready to make a joint attack.

The Bats were also making progress. They used their tasers but it wasn't really enough so I had a better plan. "Everyone, push them into the water." They nodded and we all tried to push them back. Croc was a tough one but we all managed to do it. Now then, "Everyone stand back! Lightning Dragon!" And with that, I zapped the water until both opponents were rendered incapacitated.

I returned to my usual form and we gathered with the Bats. That's when Red Hood came over to me and patted my head. I rolled my eyes in response. "Behind you!" RR yelled in warning. We swiftly turned around to see Croc back on his feet. "Venom!" We looked past him to see Chloe on her feet. "Thanks Queenie." She smiled confidently but a rat fell on her shoulder and she briefly screamed before fainting.

RH caught her before she made contact with the ground. "Thanks man." Luka sighed in relief. He picked her up (bridal style) while Batman called the commissioner who arrived minutes later along with the news crew. "Batman, your new friends are really helping get the job done faster." He joked. Mari and I chuckled. Chloe finally woke up but found herself in RH's arms. She blushed as she looked up at him.

"Ooo!" Mari, Luka and I cooed in sync. "H-Hey, Stop it!" He put her down as she ran up to us and pouted. "Well done you four again. Have you made any progress in your search?" Batman queried. Mari shook her head. "No.. But we won't give up that easily. Right guys?" We nodded in agreement. And since Chloe was awake now, "Pound it!" "I told you guys we should've came up with one too." RH complained.

"How 'bout you guys join in." Luka suggested. RH hurriedly joined us along with Nightwing who pulled both RR and Robin along with him. "1, 2, 3!..-" Luka counted down. And, "Pound it!" RH chuckled in satisfaction. "I feel so accomplished now. Didn't that feel good, guys?" Nightwing laughed while the youngest folded his arms. We parted ways as the four of us left but before that, Mari was talking to Red Robin privately. What was that about?

I questioned her about it and she said, "He said he may have a way to find Master Fu by hacking into the villain's network." We looked at each other, stunned. Did he really have the capability to do that? I mean Mari could too afterall, she did hack the Batfam. But I guess they would have traces leading to the villain's network. This might actually work...or we might actually get caught.
~~~~~

Mari cooked up some food for us to eat as we sat in the living room watching the late night news

Mari cooked up some food for us to eat as we sat in the living room watching the late night news. "Oh, almost forgot to mention, the Bats won't be able to do patrol tomorrow and Saturday so we'll have to step in for them. They said they'll give us a night off as compensation." Hmm, here I thought they never slept. "Did they say for any particular reason?" Luka asked. Mari shook her head.

~~~~~
- Good evening Gotham City, I am Cat Grant reporting to you the news of tonight's events. Another pair of villains captured by Batman and the new group of heroes in the city. The commissioner has more to say. -

"The new group of young heroes have been a huge help to Batman. From what I can tell they have extreme potential and I think that's why Batman allowed them to help. Gotham City is a better, safer place with the extra pair of eyes watching over the city. They're truly incredible."
~~~~~

"Hmm, looks like we're on the news... Would this affect our identities Mari?" I asked. "It's hard to say. The miraculous are kinda supposed to magically hide our faces but I mean, this isn't Paris so I'm not totally sure." she replied. "Well after the mission tonight, I feel like soaking in a bath for the entire day but we have college tomorrow." Chloe yawned. "Hey, that reminds me, the Waynes have some Gala to attend on Saturday along with some other high class celebs." Luka informed us.

Tim never mentioned anything then again..this idiot is friends with and in the same class as the loud-mouth brother. We helped Mari clear the table then packed our things to leave. Chloe and Luka left but I stayed back. "Mari, I have a question." She looked at me, a brow raised. "Let's say..hypothetically, that we do find the Master. How would we explain our leave of absence to everyone?" she frowned.

We made a lot of friends here and made a living. "I'm...unsure of a lot of things right now. I'm confused, tired, lost... I just wanna go back home." I could hear a bit of trembling doubt in her voice. She clearly had something holding her back...or maybe someone.

~EssyMLBDC~