Chapter 9 - The Icicle Villains (Part 2)

Marinette's POV

I swung away and looked back to make sure my lucky charm was clear. I landed on a rooftop not too far away and grinned looking at the toy monkey. Suddenly, a silhouette of a guy flew past me. I quickly swung my yo-yo and grabbed the person, pulling him back to me. I caught him only to realise that it was Red Robin. I placed him down as he turned to me.

"What are you doing?" I shrugged and opened my yo-yo pulling out the monkey circlet then placed it on my head. A glowing ball of light appeared and Xuppu appeared. "Hey Xuppu." He chuckled, "You finally use me. But where's my usual holder?" "Sorry but he's away on a sports meet." He sighed but then turned to Red Robin who seemed fixated on the floating kwami.

"What is that?" Xuppu flew into his face. "I'm a kwami." He stuck out his tongue. "May I touch it?" Xuppu glared, "No. Let's go, Guardian!" I giggled. "Tikki, Xuppu, Unify!" The bat stared at me as I stood up. "Uproar!" A plushie frog. Brings back memories. Anyways, the fight. I swung back with Red Robin and we landed. I then saw Captain Cold getting back up on his feet but Batman cuffed him before could get away.

I jumped down next to him and he said, "I called the commissioner, some of the ice jammed the frequencies along with the temperature. What's the plan?" I smirked, "What, the Dark Knight doesn't have one?" He walked past me, "Seeing as you already have one, let's hear it." I chuckled, "Well if I want this to work I'm going to need to get closer to Dr. Freeze seeing as he poses the most trouble. The others can wait."

He nodded. "And my staff? I technically need it to fight." I shrugged, "You'll be fine. In fact, you're bait." He stared at me with a stunned face. I opened my yo-yo once again and took out the turtle bracelet and handed it to Luka. "Sass, Wazz, Unify!" "When I give the signal you use shelter to trap all of them." He nodded and went to help the others. As for me I needed to occupy Freeze.

"Red Robin, I'll need you to get purposely captured by Freeze. I'll also need the rest of you to distract him." Red Robin sighed as his friends teased him. They all launched at Freeze and fought him while dodging his ice. I looked over at my friends. All Kagami had left was her lightning dragon which she used on Frost while Chloe immobilised Junior. As expected, Red Robin got captured. I threw his staff at Freeze and he froze it almost immediately.

I grinned as I threw the toy at him and his entire suit inflated and the remains of his ice that had formed everywhere turned to rubber ducks and balls which fell all over him, pushing him back. Red Robin kicked Freeze in his face, cracking his glass and took back his staff moving away. "Luka, Now!" "Shelter!" The villains including Cold were inside the shield and I sighed. "Miraculous Ladybug!" "Pound it!"

I then grinned turning to Red Robin, "Happy you got back your staff?" He pouted, "Yeah yeah, whatever." Batman came up to us, "Nice job once again. The commission just arrived so you could let down your shield now." Luka removed the shield and the officers took them away. If I didn't know any better, the villains in Gotham are kinda easier to defeat than those in Paris. Then again...they were under Hawk Moth's influence.

"Xuppu, Tikki, Divide!" "Sass, Wazz, Divide!" I returned the miraculouses to my yo-yo and we all went our different ways. We arrived back at my apartment and we all de-transformed.

Kagami: That was something else..

Luka: I have to admit, it was kinda a thrill. My favourite part was the inflated suit.

Chloe: My least favourite part was how you looked as half snake and half turtle. Fashion disaster!

Kagami: It wouldn't look any better on you, Chloe.

Marinette: *giggles* Alright, alright. Stop fighting guys. Anywho, I feel like ordering delivery. Who else wants?

Everyone: Me!!

~~~~~~~~~~

Bruce's POV

Those kids are really something else. Not to mention their powers and the fact that they can also combine other miraculouses and their abilities. If I didn't know any better, I'd say they'll take our place. Hmm... And early retirement isn't really my thing. We all exited the Batmobile and Alfred greeted us. "Masters, welcome back." "Thanks Alfred."

Jason: That was something.

Dick: It was a workout. But why were all the ice villains in Gotham?

Damian: Maybe the three damn harlots spread the little secret about the new heroes.

Bruce: Whatever the case, they'll need to be careful of how they transform back into their civilian forms. It would cause problems if the villains knew who they were.

I spotted Tim in a corner gripping his staff. I walked over to him and asked, "Is something wrong?" He groaned, "I don't know. I felt useless during that whole battle.." Didn't we all. I smiled, "Don't worry Tim, there will be battles where we'll have to sit out and leave to others. But for now, let's just focus on getting stronger." He sighed with a nod, "But I did get to see a kwami."

My eyes slightly widened. Dick, Jason and Damian made their way up to us after hearing what he had said. "You saw the kwamis!?" Jason exclaimed. Tim nodded, "Yeah. It had an attitude too. But it was cute at the same time. It was like a floating toy, and had big eyes too. Hmm, from what I remember I think it's name was Xuppu or something like that and hers was called...Tikki..? I don't know, they had weird names."

"The snake guy also called out names too. Sass and Wazz." Dick added. Maybe during the course of our partnership with them, they'll allow us to actually see the creatures and maybe even give us the full story of its origin. Then again, this works on trust. Anything and everything they might say may give clues on their secret identities and honestly I don't want that. For now, trust is key and they will tell us when they're ready.

Jason: ..- and I'd say we also need a cool fist bump thing like them.

Damian: Don't be childish, Todd. No we don't.

Dick: It would be fun wouldn't it?

Tim: We'll leave that to you Jaybird.

~EssyMLBDC~