Practice makes Problems

Bose's POV

Week 1

I wake up and the first thing I do is sit up...at least I try but I forgot I have a sleeping partner now. We seemed to move around in our sleep because we weren't in the same position as we were last night. Now I was laying on my back and Macklin was sleeping on my chest...I looked at her sound asleep and when she wasn't bickering with me she looked decent. I still had to wake her up since I want to go wash up...

"Macklin...can you move I want to get up." I say.

Instead of replying she just wrapped her arms tighter around my torso.

"Macklin move." I say.

She lifted her head, held her head in her hands, and said...

"Where are you running off to?"

"None of your business sleeping ugly...I just want to get up." I say.

I don't know why but seeing Macklin in this natural sleepy state made me speak in a softer tone...like if I spoke too loud she would break but she never needed to know that.

"O'Brien I may hate you but I can admit that you made sleeping way easier for me...thanks, I guess."

I don't think she's ever thanked me for anything before.

"Don't mention it."

"I'm sorry I'm being clingy but I've never had a sleepover before or shared a bed with anyone. I guess I'm so not used to having company that even sleeping with you is so rare that I don't want to rush out of it." She says.

She's always been by herself so she's not used to company...I understand that better than anyone else so I say...

"Trust me I get it...we can lay here for another hour but no more."

All she did was lay back down but that was enough for me to understand what she wanted.

1 hour later...

Now it's time to get up...I tap Macklin and this time she gets up without a problem. I get up to use the bathroom and shower...after 15 minutes I get out, get changed, and head to the living room to watch TV. Macklin comes downstairs after 10 minutes and sits beside me.

"My mom called and reminded us we don't have anything planned for the next 2 weeks so we can start practice today." She says.

"Ok, what do you want to practice?"

"Pet names...what cute couple names we want to call each other." She says.

"Ok...how about pumpkin?" I say.

"If your mission was to make me throw up in my mouth...congratulations you succeeded." She says.

"Well, what do you got Princess?" I question.

"We can do classic pet names like babe, baby, honey, or sweetie." She says.

"That's not special...it's generic if you ask me." I say.

"It's not generic! It's sweet and simple...but not just anyone can use it. It's made for couples to call each other!" She says.

"Yea it's made for couples but not made by us! Macklin if I'm gonna be calling you some stupid lovey-dovey nickname I want it to have some special meaning at least!" I say.

"Okay fine...what if I call you love? It's the best of both worlds...simple but with great meaning because I'm supposed to be madly in love with you!"

"Ok, that's nice...now I need one. What about Angel since you're supposedly the Angel that walked into my life." I say.

Mika's POV

When he said that I don't know how to explain it but I felt different...good different but different nonetheless.

"That's good I guess." I say.

"Ok now what...maybe more physical affection?" He says.

"I'm already dreading this."

"Didn't seem like that in bed." He says.

I don't know what got into me but that made me fire up like a firecracker. I straddled him, grabbed him by his collar, and said...

"Shut up dimples before I make you hate that you said that!"

"I would like to see you try...after all you are just a princess." He says.

"What's that s-supposed to mean?" I say choking up.

"What do you think." He says.

I look into his eyes and for a second I thought I saw actual regret but in the end, I was just staring into the cold, dark eyes of my enemy. I slowly get off of him standing up in full embarrassment.

"You know what O'Brien....for the first time in a while I didn't fully despise having you around but thanks for bringing me back to who you really are...a huge dick."

O'Brien looked confused but I didn't care...I ran away and locked myself in a random room. I can't believe he said that knowing what happened to me that night on my 8th birthday.

Flashback...

It was my 8th birthday and I had a big celebration with a bunch of royals including the O'Brien Family. I had to go to the bathroom, so I went without any guards, and as I'm walking out of the bathroom I get dragged into a closet.

"What's going on?"

The lights get turned on and I see a boy a couple of years older than me...the only reason I recognize him is that I see him hang out with O'Brien a lot. Before I can say anything else he starts to undress me.

"STOP!"

He didn't listen...he raped me in the closet then he started hitting me till I couldn't physically move. Once he was done torturing me, he opened the door and left. After a couple of minutes, the door opens again and I see O'Brien who looks shocked at the sight of me. I thought he would help me but he didn't...he just closed the door and ran away. After 10 minutes my parents found me and O'Brien never came back. I didn't see him for weeks after that. I was so brutally beaten I was hidden from the public for a month and luckily I was about to heal pretty fast.

End of Flashback...

From that day on I made O'Brien my sworn enemy...he saw me in need of help but was too big of a pussy and ran away.

Bose's POV

I'm so confused...what did I say? I run up the stairs trying to find Macklin to at least try to talk to her. After 10 rooms and no Macklin, I finally try to open a door and it's locked. I lean my ear against the door and I hear the crying of the Macklin Princess.

"Macklin...can we talk?"

Silence. She obviously was furious at me but I wish I knew why...

"Macklin...can you at least tell me what I did."

"It's not what you did....it's what you didn't do!" She says.

What I didn't do? Now I'm getting more confused.

"You saw me that day...and you ran, you ran away from me and didn't even have the balls to talk to me for MONTHS after it! Last night I came out of my comfort zone and trusted you for the first time in 10 YEARS because I saw my old best friend behind your cold persona. But I was proven wrong...you truly are my sworn enemy." She continues.

I finally knew what she was talking about. The incident that happened on her 8th birthday...from that day on she truly was never the same. I never understood why she was so upset at me...I think it's finally time to figure it out.