Anxious Mika and Her Fittings

Mika's POV

Week 2

At the same time, Bose is getting his fitting...

I walk into a separate room with my moms and see who I'm guessing is my tailor.

"Hello, my name is Peyton."

"Hi." I greet.

"I already got your wedding plans so let's get straight to it, shall we?" She asks.

"We shall." I say.

I step up on the step raiser and she starts to measure me.

"What are you looking for in your dress?" Peyton asks.

"I want it to be the definition of grand and royal!" I say excitedly.

This might a fake wedding but I'm going to make sure I look drop-dead gorgeous.

"Ok, I can do that. Do you want your heels to be a certain color?" She asked.

"I want my heels to be blue for Bose's kingdom since my tiara is gold matching my kingdom." I explained.

"That's cute...I'm so happy you are excited about this." She says.

Time to get my lying on...

"Why wouldn't I be...I do love him." I say.

"I would tell you about my own love story but I'm sure my husband is blabbing it to your fiancé haha. Here's the shortened version...we met when we were kids, he proposed at 18, and now we have kids, grandkids, 30 plus years, and a tailor shop under our belt." She quickly explained.

"Sounds wonderful." Mother says.

"Yeah...I never thought we would work out in the beginning, to tell you the truth."

"Really...why?" Celia asks.

"He was an optimistic, sweet, and friendly type of person while I'm more of a pessimistic, harsh, and closed-off type of person. He goes through the crap and hides it with a smile...I go through the crap and become stone-cold. We were opposites...but the one thing we had in common is how we felt about each other. I care for him, I protect him, I defend him, and he does the same for me. He's the only one who has seen me crack my stone-cold facade and I'm the only one who's seen him crack his euphoric facade." She says.

Trust me...I'm all too familiar with that type of relationship. I decided to ask Peyton a question...

"Peyton?"

"Yes, Mrs.Macklin."

"When did you know you truly loved him?" I ask.

"I knew I truly loved Taylor off of how he cared for me in an overwhelming state. Whether I'm super sad, scared, anxious, or confused...the moments he put the whole world on pause to make sure I'm ok...that's when I knew." She says.

It sounds like Peyton and Taylor have been through thick and thin together.

"It's the worst moments in your life that show you if someone truly cares for you." Peyton said.

I know who cares for me more than anyone else and that answer confuses me.

1 hour later...

After 2 hours of being measured and trying on different dresses, we finally finished. We all leave the tailor meeting up with Bose at the limo.

"Do you guys mind if we stop and get something to eat?" I ask.

"Fine by me." Bose says.

"Go ahead sweetie, just tell us where." Mother says.

We ended up going to the subway, I had to go in to order since they weren't doing delivery. After 10 minutes my sandwich was ready, I grab it, and as I'm about to walk out the door....the store is swarmed with paparazzi. I try to go every which way to escape but I'm swallowed whole by the monsters of the media.

"PRINCESS, PRINCESS! Where are you going!"

"The people love you!"

"Do you really love Prince Bose?"

I couldn't even answer because I felt like I was going to throw up from the amount of space I didn't have. My palms were sweaty, I was burning up, and my vision was getting dizzy. I've never been good with the public ever since the 8th birthday incident and the press conference after.

It was my first time seeing the public in weeks and they wanted to hear every single detail of what happened. I was extremely overwhelmed and I passed out...falling off the stage. That's when my social anxiety got even worse and I could never see the public the same. I cover my ears, close my eyes, and get on the ground to block them out but it doesn't work...I still see the camera shutters feel the deranged paparazzi and hear complaining citizens. I scream and sob as my past nightmares flashback to me...feeling completely lost in the sea of horror they call media.

All of a sudden I hear a familiar voice screaming my name...

"MIKA! MIKA...WHERE ARE YOU?"

I try to open my eyes enough to see the caller of my name...my vision was still extremely blurry but I saw a tall figure fighting its way through the hysteric crowd. They get through, crouching down next to me, and that's when I finally can make out who the mysterious figure is...Bose.

"Don't listen to them, just keep looking at me okay? Now hold onto me and don't let go." He says.

I instantly wrapped my arms around his neck while he picked me up bridal style. He pushed through the paparazzi, not caring about any of the questions they were asking. We make it out of the subway and into the limo, both our moms looking at us with great worry. They asked us a million questions but I was only hearing Bose's voice and he was only listening to mine. He held me in his lap as I sobbed in his chest soaking his shirt in my salty tears.

Bose's POV

"I'm here, I'm right here...I'm not going anywhere, just let it out. I've got you. You're safe with me." I say.

She shivered as she sobbed into me, her hands having my shirt clenched in between her fingers. I look at Mother and Angela and they looked so concerned, wanting to ask every question in the book but I mouth the words "not now" to let them know that right now wasn't the time to interview her. Mika didn't need any more questions thrown at her right now, she just needs comfort, and I'm making sure she was getting it. I always knew Mika's social anxiety was bad ever since she passed out during the press conference but I never knew it was this bad. I look down at Mika to find her fast asleep with dry tears covering her face and sniffling from time to time. It's a shame I have to see such a bright person go through so much shit that she doesn't deserve.