Life Changing News

Mika's POV

Week 1

Today is Sunday...meaning it's the end of the first week of couple training and it's evaluation day. We are doing...ok at everything since we both are still adjusting to not hating each other's guts. They are testing us using the 5 love languages: physical touch, quality time, words of affirmation, acts of service, and receiving gifts. Words of affirmation, acts of service, and the quality time we will definitely pass...but the other 2 I'm not sure about. Since we have been spending most of our time doing things together, learning about each other, helping each other, and enjoying each other's company but physical affection is our sore spot that needs working on. Right now we are at the mall getting each other something for the receiving gifts section of the test. We aren't shopping together since we would just tell each other what to get. So hopefully I have a good idea of what to get him and he has a good idea of what to get me. I rarely shop due to safety reasons and it's definitely easier to shop online but right now I'm surrounded by guards as I look through the stores.

After 2 hours...

I finally get home after what seems like forever and I see Bose on the couch watching tv. I close the door, Bose turns around noticing my presence, then he says...

"Our moms will be here in 5."

"Ok...man my feet are killing me. I hate wearing heels...curse my petite height!"

Bose gets up laughing at me complaining then walks over towards me.

"Need a lift?" He asks.

Before I could even reply he picks me up bridal style and in seconds I'm on the couch. I'm finally starting to see the gentleman in this Prince...and I can't describe the feelings I'm having for him.

"Thanks." I say while taking off my heels.

"No problem." He says.

I hear a knock at the door knowing exactly who it is, Bose walks over to the door opening it to the view of our mothers.

"Hi, mother...hi Angela." Bose greets.

"We have a lot to talk about." Celia says.

Our moms walk in see me on the couch and sit on the couch across from me while Bose sits next to me.

"Hi Mother, Hello Celia." I say.

"How is everything going for the two of you so far?" Mother inquired.

Bose looks my way waiting for me to answer...

"I think we're doing good...Bose?"

"I agree with you." Bose says.

"Really?" Celia asks.

Bose and I sit in confusion at his mother's question.

"Yeah really, we're doing good." Bose says.

"Well, that's not what all the articles online said!" Mother says.

Mother pulls out her phone showing us the articles with titles like...Trouble in Paradise?, Rival Royals!, The real sides of royalty!

That was only a few of them but I knew this was bad...

"Explain." Celia says.

Bose's POV

"I said something I shouldn't have said, Mika got mad, didn't speak to me for 2 days, then after an incident at the club I finally got to say my side of the story, I got mad, I didn't talk to her all night, she apologized, I apologized, and then we made up. It's been very hard for us to get used to not hating on each other but we are slowly becoming friends again." I say.

Their faces go from furious to understanding...

"Oh that's great dear...but we have to fix this." Angela says.

"We promise that next time we leave the house, we'll make sure to play up the love stuff." Mika says.

They weren't fully believing us but still said...

"Fine." Angela says.

"But I have a question for you guys." Mika says.

"What is it?" Mother says.

"Why didn't you tell me about Gam Gam & Pa Pa?" She said.

I smiled at her nicknames for them, which I haven't heard her say since we were kids. I look over at her and I could tell she was struggling so I hold her hand to let her know I'm there. She looked over at me, slightly smiled, and mouthed the words thank you. I looked at our Mothers and their faces were...guilty?

"Kids...we've been keeping a secret from you." Mother said.

"Celia...are you sure they are ready?" Angela asked.

Instead of replying...she said

"Mom & Dad didn't die of unexpected reasons." Mother says.

Mika & I were flabbergasted...

"They were murdered." Angela says.

It felt like my world was flipped upside down, Mika squeezed my hand out of shock.

"How?" She asks.

"Kids...we aren't just royals." Angela says.

What does she mean by that?

"Our 2 families are in a world-dominating mafia called Blood Royals. We've been in it since before you guys were born...your marriage isn't for what you think it's for. It's actually a distraction...you guys will be the main topic while we clear every other mafia until we are the final ones." Mother says.

"You two are the last members of our mafia even if you don't know it. You guys are our main reason to stop the Mafia Wars for good...we would never want you or the generations after you to live your life in fear like our ancestors did. Mika...what happened to you on your 8th birthday was a planned attack from another mafia gang. Just like what happened with your grandparents on your 8th birthday Bose. They tormented you 2 to get to us and that's when they crossed the line." Angela said.

I can't believe this...I was born into a mafia gang! My 8th birthday was a planned death date...I've become a distraction for our families!

"We've been planning your marriage since you were born but...we had to wait until you were both of age. We need this marriage to go through since all of Heatholton will have their eyes glued to Mika Macklin and Bose O'Brien's Marriage." Mother Says.

"This is a lot of information." Mika says.

"And a lot of pressure." I say.

"Any questions?" Mother asks.

"When we went to the club, I got harassed by a guy who had a diamond tattoo on his neck...have you heard of him?" Mika asks.

Their faces lit up like a kid on Christmas morning.

"Yes...he's a member of one of the opposing mafias! Did he do anything to you?" Angela asked.

"No...I snuck up behind him and knocked him out cold with a brick." I say.

Our mothers looked at us with nothing but pride.

"Don't you see...you two are already a great dynamic fighting duo! Mika, even though you were in a panic-filled situation you still analyzed and remembered a visual piece of information about the man. Bose, you were completely stealthy and did a silent and fast attack which attracted no attention to the two of you. You kids were born mafia members...I think you guys are both ready." Celia says.

"Ready for what?" Mika asks.

"...to fight." Angela says.

I look at Mika seeing a look of determination and that was all I needed to give our mothers the answer that would change our lives forever.

"Well...when do we start?"