Planning, Learning, and Fake Dating

Bose's POV

Week 2

It's the next day and since I'm still resting from yesterday, Mika and I decided to take the next couple of days to plan our wedding. So we are in our office with a wedding planner looking at some options for colors...

"We can do our favorite colors, green for him..." Mika started.

"And orange for her." I finished.

"That's a good idea or just colors that look better together is always perfect." Kris our wedding planner said.

"Well...we are Royals, so why don't we have a royal ball! Big ballroom, gold and blue to match our royal kingdom's colors, and it's a great distraction to keep eyes on us and off the Blood Royals." Mika says.

"Genius idea Ms.Macklin! Well...that's all I need, my team can take the rest...the only thing you guys need to do is tell me if there are any friends you would like to invite, get your fittings, and pick a cake." Kris says.

"I'm getting my dress tomorrow and for cake; I'm fine with a simple white buttercream." Mika says.

"I'm also getting my fitting and tuxedo tomorrow and I'm fine with white buttercream as well." I say.

"Great...and for any friends for invites?" Kris asks.

"None for me." I say.

"Only Lana Dex for me." Mika says.

"Ok that's settled...I'll see you guys soon!" Kris says.

Kris leaves after getting all the info she needs from us.

"So...what do we do now?" I ask.

"We could learn more about our top rivals, we don't know much about them besides the one guy who tried to take me behind the club." She says.

"What did the moms say they were called again?" I ask.

Mika rolls her chair over to my computer and begins to search for something in the mafia database.

"They call themselves the Dirty Diamonds...here they are!"

I walk over, standing behind her chair, I lean forward, resting my arms on the back of her chair. I look at the computer screen seeing the Boss of the DD and his name is "Diamond". He's been in the Mafia since he was our age, took over when his parents died, and has been running it for over 25 years. Then I see the underboss...it's a girl named "Blood Bash" and she is the daughter of Diamond and she's a year younger than us.

"So the one that tried to mess with you was luckily just a lower rank...we really got to worry about Diamond and Blood Bash." I say.

"We do know that all the Dirty Diamonds have a Diamond tattoo somewhere on them...so we just have to keep an eye out for that." She says.

"What should we do for now?" I ask.

She looks at me and I could see the wheels in her head spinning.

"We could go on a date...show the public how in love we are."

"Where should we go....maybe a picnic?" I suggest.

"That's a good idea, I'll tell the staff to prepare and have it ready in an hour." She says.

"This is our first date." I say nervously.

Mika senses my nerves and sits me down in a chair next to her. She turns towards me and says...

"It's going to be ok Bose...we are going to be fine. If you don't want to do it I understand."

"It's not that I don't want to...I'm just a little anxious. This might sound stupid but could we practice?" I ask.

Mika's POV

"That's not stupid at all, truth is...I'm just as nervous." I say.

He smiles at my honest answer...he's so cute when he's nervous. Wait a minute...what did I just say! Mika do you like Bose? Just as I say that he grabs my attention by holding my hand. I look at our hands together then I look at him smiling at me in such an adoring way. There's that weird feeling again...

"Mika...you ok? You were a little spaced out just now."

I can't focus right now.

"Sorry, I was just thinking about...what our practice date could be." I lie.

"I should ask you out first...right?" He asks.

"You don't have to." I say shyly.

But it was too late...Bose got up from his chair, grabbed a flower from the flower pot, got on one knee in front of me, and said...

"Mika Macklin...My Angel, would you do me the greatest honor...of going on a fake date with me?"

He was struggling not to laugh at his overzealous act while I was giggling at how adorable he can be. So I decided to play along...

"Bose O'Brien...My love, I would be over the moon happy to go on a date with you!"

I take his flower and he picked me up by my waist spinning us around. The room was euphoric...just Bose, Myself, and our laughter. Bose stopped spinning us...slowly putting me down. I look up at him with his hands still around my waist, it was as if the world had stopped. I was lost in his eyes, it felt like the gravitational pull between us kept getting stronger and stronger. He leaned in a little closer using one of his hands to tuck one of the loose hairs behind my ear. I felt shivers go down my spine just from that tiny gesture. He looked at my lips then back at me...I nodded slightly giving him full permission to do what we both wanted from each other. He leans in and it feels like time slowed down...I close my eyes preparing for his lips on mine.

I could feel his heat from him being so close....but then a knock was heard at the door. We jumped back from each other just in time for my mother to walk in...

"Hey, kids...I was just coming in to check on you." Mother says.

I was steaming hot in embarrassment...I felt like my face was burning up and my palms were sweaty.

"We're fine Mother." I say.

"Yeah...couldn't be better." Bose says.

The tension was indescribable but you could cut it with a knife since it was so thick.

"Ok, why don't you two go home? You have been working all day, Bose you need to rest in bed some more, and both of you can take this time to practice being seen as a couple." Mother says.

"Ok." We both say.

Mother leaves our office without the slightest clue at what she had just interrupted.