Inconspicuous Information

Bose's POV

Week 4

After an emotional week we have finally hit Monday...probably the only time I'm happy for Monday to come around. Atticus is off to school, Addi is at daycare, and Mika and I are heading to work for the first time in a while. A week may seem minuscule to the ordinary person but for a royal prince who's also an underboss of a mafia and a temporary "parent figure" to two young kids while maintaining a relationship with a woman who is dealing with the same situations as I...a week is a long ass time.

"What are we doing at work anyway?" Mika asks.

"A weaponless mission to show we can prevail without weapons then if we pass we can proceed on to weapon training." I answer.

"Yay! I can finally use my cute pink gun!"

I squeeze Mika's hand in a way to get her attention.

"Don't get too eager, baby we gotta pass first." I remind her.

"I know but I just can't wait to go up a level in being a mafia member I mean...we are under bosses yet we can't even shoot guns."

I notice Mika's lack of confidence, she thinks she doesn't deserve to have such an important role with so little experience...I know exactly how she feels.

"Our parents wouldn't have made us underbosses if they didn't think we could step up to the plate. But the Mika I know won't let her parents down and is going to be the best underboss to ever be! I know you can do it and I know I can do it...we just need to believe in ourselves."

Mika smiles at my confident words of belief in us.

"I believe in us too." Mika states.

Mika kisses my cheek and then continues to express how keen she is to get to work.

20 minutes later...

We arrive at work with a warm welcome from the other blood royals then we head to our parent's office to get the info on the mission. I knock before making my entrance into my mother's office.

"Hello." I greet.

"Good morning kids!" Angela welcomed.

"Morning Mother and Celia!" Mika gaily greets.

We walk over grabbing a seat at their desks, my mom then slides over a phony case file.

"We are going to behave toward this mock mission just as if it was an actual one...and every real one incorporates a case file." Mother explains.

"So we want you to take this mission seriously...just like you will the real ones, understood?" Angela clarifies.

"Yes, Ma'am." I say.

"Yes, Mother." Mika said.

I open up the case file seeing the title called discreet and divert.

"Discreet and Divert?" I question.

"As we all know Bose you are exceptionally stealthy, a sharp thinker, and a hard hitter. While Mika is super speedy, a remarkable analyst, and a populace persuader. So in your first mission, we will be training you in each other's strengths...in short, Bose will use Mika's skills and Mika will use Bose's." Mother explains.

It makes sense...Mika and I do tend to take our roles and don't switch them up so this training mission will be great for us. I continue to scan the mission file and see we will be located in a local bank. There is a one-man break in and they need to be stopped without the notice of the customers in the bank. Once the customers are given notice the mission will be scored as a failure.

"Why must the customers not be alerted?" Mika inquired.

"Yeah, I'm also bewildered on that facet." I admit.

"Once one customer assumes something is awry then the whole bank will be alerted resulting in authority arriving, them possibly encountering either of you, then our whole mafia being unveiled. Meaning no more Blood Royals, all of us arrested, and our royal status will be taken away from us. You must remember the masses must never find out our family secret which is the Blood Royals. We will lose everything the moment someone slips up and I pray that it won't be you two. What we do to defend our country might not be the most moral way to go about it but that doesn't matter. What matters is that we protect our country...no matter how we do it. So that is the number one rule that will apply to every mission you do as the underbosses of the Blood Royals...never let the public sense you on your mission."

Mika's POV

Mother's voice was so serious and straightforward but her eyes told me that someone slipped once and they can't have it happen again. Celia looked just as serious...the training mission hasn't even started yet but if mock missions are this crucial how are the real missions dealt with?

"Mother...do you and Celia go on missions anymore?" I ask.

"No." Celia sharply states.

Celia answered before my mother which meant she probably knew my mother would have given too much information. It was obvious that they were suppressing information from us but I rather not intrude...that never goes well for me.

"Why?" Bose asks.

Bose caught on to no one's surprise but it's not like him to intrude...especially his Mother.

"Why what?" Angela asks.

"Why do you both not go on missions anymore?" He asks.

Bose was always a curious cat...every piece of information he could know he wanted to know. He lives wanting to know every outcome of everything he does or doesn't do so knowing his mother is holding information from him made him very unsettled. But he doesn't do this to be a know-it-all, he does it to be more knowledgeable in many scenarios so if someone needs some info he can always help. He never wants to feel helpless to anyone...especially people he cares about.

"Son I think that's enough questioning for today." Celia said.

"But Mother we just want to kn--"

"I SAID ENOUGH! You two should be on your way to your mission anyway!" Celia said.

Bose stops his questioning after hearing the boom of his mother's voice. Celia rarely ever raises her voice so when she does you know to not poke the bear any further. You can tell she didn't want to raise her voice but whatever they're not telling us must be a forbidden memory to them now.

"Kids you should go...your mission starts soon." Mother says.

"She's right...let's go, Bose." I say.

"Y-yea...ok." Bose said.

I bid goodbye to Mother and Celia while taking Bose's hand and walking out of the now unwelcome office.