The Reason to Keep Fighting

Week 9

It's been about three weeks since Halloween, and the big day is in a week...the wedding. They celebrated Thanksgiving the other day with both royal families. The royal couple has gone on countless missions and playdates and even found time to go out on dates. They were all prepped for the wedding and any mishaps that could occur, including the Dirty Diamonds.

"And on this page-"

"Bose, will you please shut up about that book!"

Ever since Lana gave him that book a few weeks back, he hasn't set it down. He's read it ten times throughout and did the same with the other two books in the series. Bose was an intellectual who lived to absorb as much knowledge as humanly possible. He always wants to know everything to understand how to help when he can, but it also feeds his competitive nature, which thrives in destroying the opponent. But a certain young princess has heard quite enough about this irritable book series.

"I'm sorry, love, but this book is so intriguing and really showed me a new side of Lana."

That's the other thing he couldn't stop talking about...Lana. Mika knew not to be jealous and had no reason to be...but that couldn't stop her from feeling like her heart was being torn in half.

"Like what?"

"Sweeter and more vulnerable. I mean, I've been trying to get on Lana's good side ever since we became friends again. She didn't know the full story between us since she came after the fact, yet I treated her like shit. So Lana and I deserve a fresh start just like we got one, and look at us now! Happier than ever."

He was right. Lana never got the entire backstory of why Bose and Mika were enemies. She knew they didn't like each other and learned not to push buttons by asking why. So Lana never did. She just stood by Mika's side no matter what Bose said or did. But as the young girls got older, Lana drifted away, but Mika had no choice but to stay and hurt alone. And Mika couldn't blame Lana for leaving when Mika never divulged her real reasons for disliking Bose at the time.

"You're right. Maybe we should tell her about what really happened."

"We can't disclose anything connected to the overall mission till we terminate the Dirty Diamonds. Especially Diamond and Blood Bash." Bose reminded.

The princess sighed in frustration. She couldn't wait for the wedding to pass by since that would be one less thing she could worry about. The prince puts his book down to console his fiance. He wraps his arms around her waist as she melts into the warmth of his side. She closed her eyes as she found stability in her lover's arms.

"What if it doesn't end after the wedding? The Dirty Diamonds could be expecting the Wedding pushback and find more ways to come after us! They won't stop fighting unless we do, and I'm scared it will never end."

Mika was rambling on, trying to find her answers in her words but was left with only a question.

"What if it never ends?" The princess whispers hopelessly.

"Then we discover a reason to keep fighting."

"Like what."

As the words leave Mika's lips, the entrance to their master bedroom swings open with the arrival of the ankle-biters.

"Morning, 3rd Mommy and Daddy!" Atticus greets.

"Morning, Mum and Dad!" Addi greets them in a British accent.

Addi has been watching too much Bluey, and Atticus is still energized by Halloween candy. The children climb into the bed, Atti on Mika's side and Addi plopping herself in Bose's lap.

"Them...and us." Bose whispered while pecking his partner's forehead.

Unforgettable moments like this made the princess realize that Bose was here for her and would never leave her, for better or worse.

"Did you sleep well, Addi?" Mika asked.

"Yup! The whole night!" Addi raved.

The young girl had nightmares due to the past with Cindy, but recently she had been sleeping soundly through the night.

"What about you?" The prince questions.

"Good! I'm just excited to see my friends!"

The two families decided to have a playdate at the royal's residence this Saturday.

"I know you are, bud and they get here in an hour, so let's get ready."

"Do I have to shower my hair again like last night's bath?"

Bose chuckles at the child's innocent response while guiding him out of the room.

"It's called washing your hair, and no, you do not." Bose reassured.

An hour passes, and everyone is tidied up and ready for the company to arrive

An hour passes, and everyone is tidied up and ready for the company to arrive. Mika was anxiously overthinking the reaction that Ree's family would give to their palace. Bose did eventually explain what an entrepreneur was on their way back home from the park. But the young princess was blocking it out like he was one of her numerous school tutors. Learning was never her thing, predominantly auditory. It goes in one ear and out the other, but with her royal status and low attention span, her schooling was a second priority.

"Babe."

"Yes?"

"What was an entrepreneur again?"

A knock was heard at the main entrance causing the couple's conversation to be cut short. To say Mika was overwhelmed was an understatement.

"Just follow my lead and don't answer any job questions." The prince advised in a hushed tone.

"Got it."

"Can we let them in now?" The boy asked.

Bose opens up the door, presenting the family with marveled looks on their faces. They walk in, looking around the house like a kid let loose in a candy store.

"Hey, guys." Mika greeted.

"When you mentioned being entrepreneurs, I did not expect the payoff to be this good!" Andre jokes.

"Yeah! You could fit 10 of my houses in your house!" Jenna voiced.

"Haha yeah! I guess you can say we work pretty hard, but how about we go to the backyard and let the kids run wild? We even have a ball pit for the twins." Bose deflected.

"Pit! Pit!" The twins cheered from their parent's arms.

All the kids were beyond excited to see what awaited them in that backyard.

"Atticus, why don't you take Jenna and Jace to the jungle gym? And Addi, you can play with Jules and Jackson on the swings!" Mika suggests.

"Cool!" The older three said while running off.

"Yay!" Addi cheered while taking hold of her friend's hands and guiding them outside.

"We'll follow them since the babies are dying to get in the ball pit. See you out there!" Ree voiced.

As the last of the family made it outdoors, the royal couple let out a breath of relief. Thankfully the two were able to fib their way out of an almost sticky situation. But let's not get too ahead of ourselves; they still have the rest of the day.