Exhaustion

Mika's POV

Week 4

I turn the corner seeing Bose walking towards me while taking off his glasses and taking out his earpiece.

"Thank God that's over...the baby started waking up and I was not ready for that nightmare."

Bose stopped laughing when he notices my stillness and hurt expression. He looks down seeing me holding my side, he goes to take my hand off but I use my other hand to gently grab his.

"You're hurt...just let me see."

Bose's voice was gentle and did nothing but comfort me so I let his hand go allowing him to move mine. His eyes slightly widened at the blood soaking through my white shirt.

"Is that blood?" He asks.

"No?"

"That's not a question you're supposed to answer with another question." He says.

He quickly takes off his jacket wrapping it around my cut to apply pressure then he quickly crams all our stuff in the suitcase.

"Come on we have to bring you to the infirmary." He says.

Bose picks up the bag, guides me to the car, and immediately contacts our moms to have the infirmary prepared.

25 minutes later...

Once we got back to work all I required was a few stitches and some rest to heal up so that was good to hear. I'm laying back in the infirmary bed waiting for Bose to come and get me so we can head to the office together...he went to return the suitcase full of gear to the gadget specialists. I hear the door open and I look up to see Bose coming in with some breakfast on a platter.

"Hey, I fetched us some food since we haven't eaten breakfast since we hurried the kids out the door this morning."

"I guess we're having brunch." I say while pecking his lips.

I scoot over while Bose sets the tray on my lap and then squeezes in next to me. He puts his arms around my shoulders while I lay my legs over his to get comfy.

"So how did you end up getting stabbed you never told me." Bose said while grabbing bacon off the tray.

"I snuck up behind the guy then jumped onto his back off the table. I made him hit his head a bunch of times then when he started stumbling I jumped off and kicked him over a table. I thought he was out cold but he yanked me to the ground and towered over me while pinning my arms down. So I kept squirming to the point where he couldn't get a good grip on me causing him to stab me. So I kicked him in the stomach, hitting him in the head with his money bag then I escaped, and met up with you." I recap.

"I'm just glad you're ok...I was so worried." He admits.

I lean into Bose's side making sure not to lie on his shoulder while he kisses my forehead.

"I promised that nothing would happen to me babe haha." I joke.

Bose chuckles while we continue to eat our breakfast for lunch.

"Did you speak to your mom?" I asked.

"Nope...not since before we left for the mission." He says.

Bose was still confused about his mother's reaction which made me feel bad for him...since his relationship with her was not even good, to begin with.

"Oh...do you plan on talking to her?" I ask.

"I-i don't know." Bose said.

My poor babe was so conflicted but I won't push him any further...he'll talk with her when he's ready. So I'll just do what I can to comfort him which at the moment is cuddling him in this hospital bed.

Bose's POV

A couple of hours later...

We are now at home after leaving work to pick up Addi from daycare.

"Addi how was daycare?" Mika asks.

"So fun! I made friends!" Addi announced.

I can notice Addi is already loving daycare which is good but she still has to get used to departing us in the morning. The daycare instructor mentioned that Addi had sobbed for a little while after we left but by the time it was lunch time she was making buddies. So hopefully by the end of this week, she can get used to not seeing us all day.

"That's good kiddo." I praise.

"Addi let's go to your room so you can call your mommy!" Mika says.

"Yay...I'm talking to mama!" Addi cheers.

Mika grabs Addi's hand and takes off with her to her room while I wait in the living room for the soon-arriving Atticus. I hear the door open and look over seeing Atticus walk in.

"Hey, bud."

"Hi." Atticus said.

The young boy looked weary and his voice sounded very monotonous...I guess he's still got some getting used to when it comes to going back to school.

"Come here bud." I say gently.

I walk over to Atticus helping him take off his jacket, shoes, and book bag. I pick up the sleepy boy, bring him to his bedroom, and lay him on top of his bed.

"Get some rest Atti we can do your homework and piano lessons later."

"Okay." Atticus said in a hushed tone.

I covered him with a throw blanket and quietly walked out of the room. I notice Mika closing Addi's door behind her so I walk over and talk to her.

"You wrapped up chatting to Max already?"

"Addi hardly said a few words before she fell asleep in my lap...daycare must have drained her out haha." Mika said.

"Same thing with Atticus...the boy was dozing off while standing haha." I joke.

Mika takes my hand guiding me to our bedroom.

"Let's also take a nap...I'm sleepy." Mika disclosed.

"Same here...how's your side feeling?" I ask.

Mika and I enter our bedroom.

"It's sensitive to touch and aches but I'm grateful it wasn't a deep cut so it will heal in 2 weeks...how's your shoulder?" Mika questions.

I sit on the bed with my back against the headboard with Mika leaning on my chest.

"It's better, still a bit sore though, and hard to move around but it will be wholly healed by the beginning of next week." I assure.

I look down at Mika noticing she's fast asleep so I adjust myself against a pillow and decide to join my girlfriend in her sleepy state.