Broken

Mika's POV

Week 3

I sit in the office, head in my hands, contemplating what just happened. Bose and I just broke up and I'm so conflicted...but there is no time for my personal feelings right now. These kids are getting a fun day no matter how shitty mine is going...this is going to be hard considering I feel like my heart is shattered into a billion pieces. But I push my heart aside while I stand up from the couch wiping my teary eyes. I walk towards the door, place my hand on the knob, and take a deep breath before facing the kids. I open the door heading to the living room and the first thing I see is Addi watching TV while the staff is close behind.

"I'm back sweetheart."

Addi turns to me as I sit down beside her...the young girl scans my face and I could see her wheels turning. She kneels in front of me while placing her tiny hands on either side of my face.

"Why are you crying?" Addi asks.

Addi sounded so concerned...like if she knew I was crying she would start to cry.

"Honey...Ms.Mika is just having a bad day." I say.

"Like super duper bad?"

I look over at the other tiny voice coming from the still-standing fort seeing Atticus peeking out curiously. Atticus gets up and starts to walk toward Addi and me.

"Yea..." I quietly say.

There was no point in lying...it was obvious from my face that I wasn't happy. Atticus sits next to me hugging me while Addi climbs in my lap squeezing my torso.

"You kids are so cute...thank you for the hugs." I say.

"You're welcome...so is today still going to be fun?" Atticus asks.

"I don't know...but let's just focus on getting you a bath running ok?"

"Ok...is Mr.Bose going to join us for the fun day?"

"That I also don't know but come on...let's go get you clean." I say.

Atticus' face was saddened but he already knew there was nothing he could do to change Bose's decision.

1 hour later...

After getting Atticus clean and dressed we are now seating down and eating breakfast. As I was cutting up Addi's sausages, Atticus spoke up...

"Ms.Mika?"

"Yea bud?" I question.

"Is Mr.Bose going to eat with us?" He asks.

I paused cutting the sausages since the sudden question had stunned me. I felt bad not knowing the answers to any of the poor boy's questions...so instead of saying I don't know, I say...

"He mig--"

I get cut off by Bose walking into the kitchen.

"Mr.Bose I was just asking about you!" Atticus says.

Atticus jumps from his seat giving Bose a giant squeeze around his torso while I continue to cut up Addi's food.

"Hi, Bose!" Addi greets excitingly.

"Hey kiddo, and look who finally woke up!" Bose says.

How was he fine? I'm over here getting sympathy hugs from a 7-year-old and 3-year-old while he somehow is still the same. It seems like Bose is doing fine yet we broke up a little over an hour ago.

Bose's POV

"I slept in as you said haha." Atticus joked.

"Whatever kiddo, just start eating your breakfast." I say.

Right now I'm numb...no happiness, sadness, anger, or resentment just numbness. For now, I'm going to keep my distance from her but who knows what the future will bring. I take a seat, put some food on my plate, and start to eat.

"Sir?"

I look up at the calling voice to see it was a staff member I was talking to earlier.

"Yes, Jerome?" I inquired.

"Everything you asked for will be prepared by the end of your morning meal."

I catch Mika's confused expression but immediately move past it and say...

"Perfect...thank you Jerome you may leave." I say.

I made Jerome and some staff members organize an independent space away from Macklin that way I can have plenty of breathing room away from her. She gave me the choice to leave out that room and I did...she didn't chase after me or even fight for our relationship so obviously she doesn't care about it or me. So I decided that we can get through the rest of this marriage the way we started and play it up for the cameras if need be. We couldn't even last a week...what were we thinking? This was exactly what I was scared of...that I would lose her again. I promised that I wouldn't let petty arguments break us apart and she swore I could never scare her away.

Flashback...

"Ok...I'm sorry if this feels like a sudden outburst. Trust is just a hard thing for me...10 years ago I lost my best friend all because I trusted the wrong people. Every day for the last decade I hated myself for it and I never had anyone else to blame but myself. I was alone for so long I had gotten used to it...now I have the chance to get my only friend back and I don't want to fuck it up with some unsure feelings. I'm not 100 percent on how I feel for you right now Mika but trust me it's good. I can't lose you again over rushing into something we both aren't prepared for. We both had no one for so long that right now all we have is each other, our parents are both super busy with royal business and mafia business. We are too including the marriage business and it all came into my life so quickly...I-it's almost devoured me whole. But the only way I can get through it is by having you in my life which means losing you is not an option. I need you so I don't lose my sanity in this crazy life of ours even if that means putting my personal feelings aside."

She suddenly wrapped her arms around my waist and leaned into me, I hugged her back, and she said...

"You couldn't scare me away even if you tried."

End of Flashback...

I don't know how I'm going to get through all of this by myself but it doesn't matter. She lied to me about being there for me and trusting me...so if she thought I was cold to her the first 10 years when I didn't even actually despise her was bad...then she's got another thing coming.