Stuck at Home

Bose's POV

Week 3

Next Morning...

"NO!"

"Addi you need to get up." I say.

Right now I'm quarreling with a three-year-old who doesn't want to get up and get dressed. Mika is assisting Atticus and setting up his school station while I deal with Addi. Mika wished for me to relax but I wasn't going to let her deal with the kids on her own. Which has led me to try to get Addi from under her bed where she is hiding from me.

"I want to sleep!" She says.

"Addi I'm going to count to 3..."

Her whining started to slowly die down.

"One...two...thr-"

Addi crawled from under her bed finally standing in front of me with frizzy hair and a pouty-lipped face. I pick her up sitting her on my hip, her head falls to my shoulder, and she wraps her arms around my neck.

"What's the matter, kid?"

"Bad dweam."

That's why she's so tired...the events yesterday disarrayed her head so bad that she didn't sleep sufficiently.

"Addi it was just a dream, it's ok the bad lady is gone now." I say.

"Kay."

Her response was softened by her head nestled in my neck but I'm just happy she stopped whining.

15 minutes later...

After getting her clean and dressed we head toward the kitchen where we are met by Atticus and Mika eating their food.

"Good Morning Sleepyhead!" Mika jokes while greeting Addi.

"Morning didi!" Atticus greets.

I sit Addi in her highchair while I take a seat at the table.

"Morning." Addi states drearily.

"Someone woke up grumpy." Atticus states.

"She's having nightmares so she didn't sleep well, buddy." I say.

"Aw poor baby." Mika coos.

Mika takes her free hand to stroke Abbi's blonde hair in a way to comfort her.

"Bad lady is gone!" Addi says.

"That's right Addi the bad lady is gone forever!" I say.

Addi smiles as she continued to eat her breakfast.

"Atticus bud, you excited to start piano lessons today?" Mika asks.

"Yup!" Atticus exclaimed.

Atticus could hardly hold in his jitters as his feet bounced and his fingers kept fiddling with his fork. I smile at the young boy's genuine anticipation of learning how to play piano.

"Well wait just a little longer since you have to get through school and homework first." I say.

"I can't wait that long...I'll die!" Atticus said dramatically.

"Well, let's hope your death can wait till this afternoon." Mika jokes.

Atticus rolls his eyes playfully while continuing to eat his food as Mika and I laugh at the young boy's impatient manner. After 10 more minutes of breakfast eating, it was time for Atticus to start school. Mika left and got him set up in his room while Addi and I went to the living room to watch tv. I sit in the reclining chair and Addi stands in front of me almost like she was waiting for something.