New Parks & Friendly Brunches

Bose's POV

Week 4

It's the next day and I'm at the Park with Addi since she doesn't have daycare today. Mika's at work since she demanded I spend more time with Addi since I'm too distant from her. I didn't want to get recognized so I drove my regular car out of town to a park in a different city...pulling up in a limo would get me noticed. I look over at Addi from the bench and see her playing with a young boy who had sandy hair curtaining his big blue eyes.

"Is she yours?"

I pivot my attention to the woman next to me who had the same features as the young boy that Addi was playing with.

"Yea she is...her name is Addi." I say.

No, Addi isn't mine...but to thwart any supplementary questioning I have to lie.

"That little squirt over there is Jackson but everyone calls him Jack for short. I thought I asked since you look a little young to be having kids and I assumed that little cutie was all alone."

"I'm sorry I didn't introduce myself I'm Bose." I say.

I put out my hand for her to shake. She grabs it while shaking it and says...

"I'm Ree...the wrangler of that little squirt haha." Ree jokes.

Ree came off as a delightful essence...I'm glad there still are chipper people left in this cruel world.

"Is Jack your only kid?" I ask.

"No, he's one out of my 5 other kids. I have my oldest Jenna who's 9, then my 7-year-old Jace, 5-year-old Jules, 3-year-old Jackson, and then I have my twin girls Josie and Jade who are 1." Ree states.

Ree points over to two brunette babies playing in the baby section's ball pit.

"You amaze me haha...6 kiddos is a lot of work I imagine." I say.

"It's got its tiring days but it's all worth it when I see them smile or laugh. I love my kids and even though they stress me out and are a lot of work...I wouldn't have it any other way. But what about you...is Addi your only one?"

"No, I have a 7-year-old named Atticus." I say.

I pull out my phone showing my lock screen of Mika cuddling with the kids in the fort.

"Cute...Is that lady their mom?" Ree asks.

"Yes, and my wife's name is Mika by the way." I say.

"Well Mika is beautiful and so are your kids. Don't bother asking me about my love life because I don't have one. After my twins were born I realized that I didn't care for falling in love and having a husband or wife. When I told my ex-husband that I was Aroace he was at first confused since I was with him for 15 years but I explained to him that as the years went on I felt like being his wife wasn't what I wanted to be but more what I needed to be. Thankfully he completely understood me, we are the best of friends and still live together to take care of the kids."

Ree is an unperturbed girl and I need to introduce Mika to her...maybe taking Addi to the park wasn't such a bad idea.

Mika's POV